The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Would be more interesting with out the centerblock and just a small block under the tail piece instead.

User Info Menu

Seems similar the the ES Les Paul thing they had a couple of years ago. It is a hard pass for me.

User Info Menu

Is ES 235 just a Ghetto version of ES 137?

Last edited by cosmic gumbo; 01-10-2020 at 11:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    Ghetto version of ES 137?

I love my 137! It seems to me the OP cites what would be a great do-it-all instrument.

User Info Menu

Would be interested in this, but I would really rather see the 125TC brought back.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by L50EF15
    Would be interested in this, but I would really rather see the 125TC brought back.
    I'll admit I have a certain loyalty to and fondness for vibey mojo infused125TDCs, with their fully hollow bodies and P90s.

User Info Menu

I was very interested in this model, it's gotten good reviews in other threads. It's lightweight and has a decent (not skinny) neck. I was watching Sweetwater, GC and MF for their shipping dates and they seemed to have disappeared from the marketplace ??? Several used at Reverb, but I need to play one before purchasing.

User Info Menu

"Instant Classic" already out? Desperate. Will have a look at NAMM. However, with my volumes, the centerblock is redundant, a trapeze tailpiece preferable and milder humbuckers a bonus. The ES-235 is a looker for sure but not the lightweight thinline I'd like to take to the occasional gig in a padded soft bag instead of a clumsy hard case.

User Info Menu

"Instant Classic" to me sort of implies it will be (as are most other Gibson float-a-balloon designs) discontinued in short order by the bean counters like so many in the last dozen or more years.

I was under the impression that after the restructuring that they were going to focus on their core bread and butter models.

At any rate, Gibson (like many other makers) has a problem getting traction with single cut semis.

User Info Menu

I am really fed up with Gibson. They don't make a single hollow body anymore. Just LP and 335 variants. The new CEO needs to go back to blue jeans.

User Info Menu

I tried a satin finish 235 in a store, and it was pretty bad. The string spacing was off, and the high E string kept rolling over the edge of the fretboard, it had a lot of fret buzz, and didn't sound very good. I think it was probably old stock from before the reorg, so may the new stuff is better, but try before you buy. So try before you buy, or better yet, buy a used 135. Those are great.

John

User Info Menu

When was the ES 235 first "released" for distribution to stores?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    "Instant Classic" to me sort of implies it will be (as are most other Gibson float-a-balloon designs) discontinued in short order by the bean counters like so many in the last dozen or more years.

I was under the impression that after the restructuring that they were going to focus on their core bread and butter models.

At any rate, Gibson (like many other makers) has a problem getting traction with single cut semis.
    Yeah, the LP aside, single cut for me means full hollow.