The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 1081

User Info Menu

No worries Randy! Bill had a band in the 70's called Be Bop Deluxe.
    He has since played with Yukihiro Takahashi, YMO and even some of the guys from the group Japan in a band called Rain Tree Crow among many others. I last saw him with Harold Budd, John Foxx, Jah Wobble, Theo Travis, and others at a concert in Brighton UK a few years ago. But his musical output is simply stunning... several CDs a year.

These newest titles in his solo catalogue have quite a bit of Jazz influence in them and are a blast to listen to (and play along with)!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

LOVELY MUSIC ! It's not often that we hear Jim Hall and Kenny Burrell on the same tune (not to mention all of the other fine musicians on that cut).

Thank you, Mister Kawashima, for your always interesting posts.
    RandyC

User Info Menu

Kawa, thank you very much, "Poinciana" is one of my favorite tunes - one that I still play solo. It's a tune that is perfect for the fingers, rather than pick. (Also, I'd not heard Jamal on piano before - always on vibraphone.)

Jamal owned a jazz club in San Francisco at one time (the "Blackhawk" I think). Many fine jazz musicians used to play there in the late fifties and early sixties. I wish that I'd visted the club when I lived there.

RandyC

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Me too, I liked everything on the Verve label !! I started buying Verve LPs in 1965 (Wes Montomery was the first one I bought, I think). I have several Jimmy Smith CDs but only one or two tunes with Burrell on them. They were a very good pair.

cheers,
    Randy

User Info Menu

He playing the dixiie in usually, Eu peopule like the dixie.
    I felt the relation from the polka.
    I saw him in dusseldorf at the "Dr.Jazz"
    This style
    Last edited by kawa; 06-30-2010 at 12:18 AM.

User Info Menu

Wow, Acker Bilk still looks the same as he did in 1964 - a little bit less hair ! So your band does Dixieland music too - here in Eureka, we have a Dixieland Jazz Festival every Spring. I don't know much about that kind of music so I'm not sure if the artists that perform here are good or not good.

Thanks,
    Randy

User Info Menu

please chek the relationals, thank you.
    This is good !!!
    Last edited by kawa; 06-30-2010 at 12:19 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

BBC Studio in London (1964) Amp : his favorite Gibson GA50
    Last edited by kawa; 04-20-2010 at 10:06 AM.

User Info Menu

I had one Gibson amplifier, GA-79RVT and it was marvelous if a little underpowered. Those are nice examples of Hall's virtuosity. Thank you, Kawa.

I have a vinyl record somewhere, I think that it is "Ella in Berlin". As I recall, a couple of the tunes are simply her voice and his guitar - very beautiful.

User Info Menu

The Gibson amps felt us something electronics fravors, also this models panel design likes some radio transmitter.
    When I was Ham Radio Boys, found the Gibson amp schematics. it's a chance for me join-in the this world from noisie world.
    The circuits is interested for me, signal prosesor by choke coile and tolemoro and etc, made special amp with reverb effects by L/R both side of speakers.
    Some pro musicians knew the this things, they ask me next to next for fixing reverb jobs.
    Thank you randyc.
    See you.
    Last edited by kawa; 04-20-2010 at 08:38 PM.

User Info Menu

with Attila Zoller
    Last edited by kawa; 04-22-2010 at 05:55 PM.

User Info Menu

"Best Recording Prize" (Japanese audo magazine STEREO, 2008 disk award ) etc.

User Info Menu

(enjoyable atomosphere !!!)
    please check the relationals, thank you.
    Last edited by kawa; 04-27-2010 at 10:39 PM.

User Info Menu

The traditional rhythm guitar sound by an unamplifired archtop Gibson L-7, electric: Gibson L-5 Wes-Model.

(Please check the relationals videos, thank you)
    Last edited by kawa; 05-15-2010 at 04:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks "silhouette"

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Personnel : Kenny Burrell (g), Coleman Hawkins (ts), Leo Wright (as), Gildo Mahones, Tommy Flanagan (pf), Major Holley, George Tucker (b), Eddie Locke, Jimmie Smith (ds), Ray Burretto (congas, bongos)
    Recorded 1962

(Please listen shown the each relationals, thank you)
    Last edited by kawa; 06-30-2010 at 12:59 AM.

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 06-30-2010 at 01:01 AM.

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 06-30-2010 at 01:02 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

The Taste !!!
    Please listen the relationals, thank you.

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 06-30-2010 at 01:08 AM.

User Info Menu