The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 1081

User Info Menu

Tnx,randyc
    L-5s sounds is beautiful(I think you have)
    2×10" or 2×12" of good speakers and 6L6PP is best match.
    You have a Bassman head already,you wood work well.
    Get the good speakers.
    I recommend the Jensen C10NS(include reconing idea for broken)
    Last edited by kawa; 02-02-2010 at 12:59 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 06-29-2010 at 01:26 PM.

User Info Menu

Sorry, names Kevin Van Sant
    Last edited by kawa; 06-29-2010 at 01:26 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

(sett up ? but nice sound)

User Info Menu

(speaker:eminence copperhead)
    Last edited by kawa; 06-29-2010 at 01:29 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

(codin nylon)

User Info Menu

That's the right stuff !!!! Both are very fine but Yoshiaki Miyanoue is INCREDIBLE, he's the closest thing to Wes I've yet seen (beautiful old L-5, too). Thanks, Kawa, great tunes -

randyc

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by randyc
    That's the right stuff !!!! Both are very fine but Yoshiaki Miyanoue is INCREDIBLE, he's the closest thing to Wes I've yet seen (beautiful old L-5, too). Thanks, Kawa, great tunes -

randyc
    Yes randyc, He is " THe Japanies Wes" and teacher of many of the japanese guitarists,Okayasu,Tanabe,etc.
    Sorry, I'm editing often the past postings for the data base of us with new ideas on working.
    Please check again sometimes,Thank you.
    Last edited by kawa; 02-11-2010 at 06:58 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Kawa. Hoping to see and hear more of the fine Japanese guitarists you recommend.

Here (U.S.) there are many interpretations of "jazz", and that is appropriate - the intent is spontaneous improvisation on a theme supported by predictable chord progressions. (Sometimes not, an example is Ornette Coleman - tenor saxophone - who could make his way through any random combination of chords, with absolute brilliance!).

My point is that I appreciate the artists that you post because they play and represent the period of jazz that I most love (1948 to 1968 approximately).

It's coincidental that you also like that type of jazz, my friend. Thank you again -

Randy

User Info Menu

Mister Takeda, on this tune, is playing a Japanese guitar that is very interesting: shape similar to L-5, neck and tailpiece similar to L-4. Kawa, can you identify the manufacturer and the model?

I think this is the same guitar:

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Nice interview, thanks Kawa!

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 03-10-2010 at 03:45 AM.

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 06-29-2010 at 10:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 06-29-2010 at 10:52 PM.

User Info Menu

When I hear "Li'l Darlin", it's forever associated in my mind with "Satin Doll" and "Girl Talk". You post beautiful music and your video accompaniments are always entertaining. We're lucky that you're a member! Perhaps some day we'll have the pleasure of seeing/hearing you perform - especially with a big band. That would be great

Respectfully,
    Randy C

User Info Menu

VERY nice, Mister Kawashima, that is an impressive orchestra. Guys, take a look at this web page. Kawa is listed and photographed in the rhythm section at the very top. In the orchestral photo, he's seated at the far left, next to the pianist.

Thank you very much !
    Randy C.
    Last edited by randyc; 03-24-2010 at 07:45 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by randyc
    VERY nice, Mister Kawashima, that is an impressive orchestra. Guys, take a look at this web page. Kawa is listed and photographed in the rhythm section at the very top. In the orchestral photo, he's seated at the far left, next to the pianist.

Thank you very much !
    Randy C.

Someones posted just one video on the Web ; with the Billy Vaughn Orchestra.(I'm off the this song)
    The Billy Vaughn Orchestra playing now the Good Americans Era Musics with three chorus girls(Names:Billy Vaughn Girls).
    Afterhours,We had a garden party,I talked with the Billy Vaughns guitarman(Gibson L-7C-Floater),He is a Pedal steel Mania and visit to the his offerd factory in Japan with enjoy.

Thank you your cheks randyc.
    See you
    from Fumio Kawashima (kawa)
    Last edited by kawa; 03-24-2010 at 11:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Hi Squint:

Apologies for my lack of knowledge or poor memory, take your pick. Is Bill Nelson the guitarist for the Billy Vaughn Orchestra? (It's a serious question, I don't know who Bill Nelson is.)

Thanks,
    RandyC