Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 100 of 709

User Info Menu

(speaker:eminence copperhead)
    Last edited by kawa; 06-29-2010 at 01:29 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

(codin nylon)

User Info Menu

Those are all nice, Kawa. Can you recommend more Japanese jazz guitarists to whom we can listen?

Thank you,
    randyc

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Those are all nice, Kawa. Can you recommend more Japanese jazz guitarists to whom we can listen?

Thank you,
    randyc
    Thank you randyc, OK !
    See you.

User Info Menu

That's the right stuff !!!! Both are very fine but Yoshiaki Miyanoue is INCREDIBLE, he's the closest thing to Wes I've yet seen (beautiful old L-5, too). Thanks, Kawa, great tunes -

randyc

User Info Menu

That's the right stuff !!!! Both are very fine but Yoshiaki Miyanoue is INCREDIBLE, he's the closest thing to Wes I've yet seen (beautiful old L-5, too). Thanks, Kawa, great tunes -

randyc
    Yes randyc, He is " THe Japanies Wes" and teacher of many of the japanese guitarists,Okayasu,Tanabe,etc.
    Sorry, I'm editing often the past postings for the data base of us with new ideas on working.
    Please check again sometimes,Thank you.
    Last edited by kawa; 02-11-2010 at 06:58 AM.

User Info Menu

Thank YOU, Kawa, you have provided the members of the forum with examples of superb music. Mister Miyanoue makes me think of what "Wes" would sound like today, had he lived.

PS: forum members, don't watch this video if you are insecure about your abilities, this guy SMOKES!
    Last edited by randyc; 02-07-2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: add PS

User Info Menu

Thank YOU, Kawa, you have provided the members of the forum with examples of superb music. Mister Miyanoue makes me think of what "Wes" would sound like today, had he lived.

PS: forum members, don't watch this video if you are insecure about your abilities, this guy SMOKES!
    Yes randyc,If "wes" there, In tears for your letter.
    Thank you also your all the time feeling.
    You know,engineers spirits,all the time alone,just resarch and do for something well unlimited.
    This forum is probably best one,most exiting activity,causes are good members join in.
    But,neads carefuly,many peoples watching from outside in the world.
    I think and do and hope good for us and outsiders.
    see you randyc.
    Last edited by kawa; 02-09-2010 at 03:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Kawa, sometimes I forget to tell you this: your English language skills are getting better and better.

User Info Menu

Kawa, sometimes I forget to tell you this: your English language skills are getting better and better.
    Thank you randyc.
    See you.

User Info Menu

A very fine Super 400 and a nimble-fingered guitarist - the pianist too!

Kawa, I have a question: do most prominent Japanese jazz guitarists play American archtop guitars? ( Do some of the very good Japanese jazz guitarists play Korean-made or Chinese-made guitars?)

I don't mean to place you in a controversial position; most of the videos that you provide to us depict very skillful guitarists playing VERY EXPENSIVE Gibson guitars. I'd just like to know if that is common.

Thank you - see you
    Randy
    Hi randy,They play only American archtop guitars.
    (shown also on this thread)
    see you.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Kawa. Hoping to see and hear more of the fine Japanese guitarists you recommend.

Here (U.S.) there are many interpretations of "jazz", and that is appropriate - the intent is spontaneous improvisation on a theme supported by predictable chord progressions. (Sometimes not, an example is Ornette Coleman - tenor saxophone - who could make his way through any random combination of chords, with absolute brilliance!).

My point is that I appreciate the artists that you post because they play and represent the period of jazz that I most love (1948 to 1968 approximately).

It's coincidental that you also like that type of jazz, my friend. Thank you again -

Randy

User Info Menu

Thanks, Kawa. Hoping to see and hear more of the fine Japanese guitarists you recommend.

Here (U.S.) there are many interpretations of "jazz", and that is appropriate - the intent is spontaneous improvisation on a theme supported by predictable chord progressions. (Sometimes not, an example is Ornette Coleman - tenor saxophone - who could make his way through any random combination of chords, with absolute brilliance!).

My point is that I appreciate the artists that you post because they play and represent the period of jazz that I most love (1948 to 1968 approximately).

It's coincidental that you also like that type of jazz, my friend. Thank you again -

Randy
    Thank you randyc and you're welcom.
    Music is a common word,also music style and sound quality for comfortable(include sometimes thrilling).
    OK !!! continue.
    see you my fliend.

User Info Menu

Mister Takeda, on this tune, is playing a Japanese guitar that is very interesting: shape similar to L-5, neck and tailpiece similar to L-4. Kawa, can you identify the manufacturer and the model?

I think this is the same guitar:

User Info Menu

Hi randyc,Mr.Takeda play "Johnny Smith" and Mr.Kitagawa's Gibson is
    L5 CES.
    I did additions each posts.
    Thank you randyc.
    See you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kawa View Post
    Hi randyc,Mr.Takeda play "Johnny Smith" and Mr.Kitagawa's Gibson is
    L5 CES.
    I did additions each posts.
    Thank you randyc.
    See you.
    I was actually wondering if they were U.S. manufactured Gibsons or Japanese manufacturered guitars and I'm not suggesting that there might be a difference in quality. We all know that Japanese products are manufactured to the highest standards!

The headstock emblems seem to be slightly different than normal. (Maybe it's because I don't have good vision)

Thanks Kawa -
    Randy

User Info Menu

I was actually wondering if they were U.S. manufactured Gibsons or Japanese manufacturered guitars and I'm not suggesting that there might be a difference in quality. We all know that Japanese products are manufactured to the highest standards!

The headstock emblems seem to be slightly different than normal. (Maybe it's because I don't have good vision)

Thanks Kawa -
    Randy
    Thank you randyc,BTW also I did addition link my post about the Mr.Miyanoue.
    His guitar is the ' Miyanoue Custom' same size as L5, but the full original spec.
    See you randyc.
    Last edited by kawa; 02-10-2010 at 06:22 PM.

User Info Menu

Please click & click ?????????
    Last edited by kawa; 06-29-2010 at 01:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you randyc,BTW also I did addition link my post about the Mr.Miyanoue.
    His guitar is the 'Gibson Myanoue Custom' same size as L5, but the full original spec.
    See you randyc.
    Hi Kawa,

I looked at the additional information that you posted, very beautiful guitars.

I always envy people, like you, that can read, write and speak different languages. I can't read or speak Japanese but looking at the beautiful photographs, I got the impression that Mister Myanoue's guitar was custom-made for him, perhaps by a master luthier, rather than a corporation?

The guitar looks identical to the Gibson L-5 except for certain custom features. The headstock has Mister Myanoue's name on it, that's a very nice touch, it must make him feel very proud to play such a guitar!

I'm wondering if a luthier crafted this instrument at Mister Myanoue's specifications, based on the L-5, but that it wasn't made by Gibson? Can you tell me if that is correct?

Thanks for your advice,
    Randy

User Info Menu

Hello Kawa,

We appreciate your special knowledge of these subjects. Most of us haven't heard many Japanese jazz artists. Thank you for providing good musical satisfaction and also for answering our questions.

Looking forward to the rest of your discussion about Mister Miyanoue's guitar.

Thank you,
    your friend randyc

User Info Menu

Good information, especially about the guitar.

Thank you,
    Randy

User Info Menu

Good information, especially about the guitar.

Thank you,
    Randy
    Tnx randyc
    see you

User Info Menu

It's a nice looking amplifier with a lot of power in a small package. I've never seen one but I live in an isolated part of the country.

Still reading your posts about Mr. Miyanoue and his students with interest. Your comment about the "4 core" guitar cable makes me curious. Is the intent to achieve a higher impedance than standard cables?

thanks,
    Randy

User Info Menu

It's a nice looking amplifier with a lot of power in a small package. I've never seen one but I live in an isolated part of the country.

Still reading your posts about Mr. Miyanoue and his students with interest. Your comment about the "4 core" guitar cable makes me curious. Is the intent to achieve a higher impedance than standard cables?

thanks,
    Randy
    Hi randyc,Peterson P100GMkⅡis a nice,compact and realy good sound.
    I using on stage and tested many times in my house for compair with "Twin reverb" and "Vibrolux Reverb" and Polytone minibruteⅡ and etc.
    Hearing alone sound is good but at compair sound is something less.
    As you know, It's a normal things.
    BTW, currently "The Club" is the next one,if good match to jazz tone.
    (Now on sale it in japan since last month faster than the other countrys)
    I'm waiting your test report.
    About "4 cores shield",it's just a idea of his friend.
    don't needs, enough one core like Belden 9778.
    I always testing by switching systems(Com In, Out A,Out B, In A, In B,Com Out, by one "Cariing" Footswitch and six "Switch Craft" jacks)for compairison or tone adj,cable,guitar prossesor,speakers,amps,gettimg same tones or volumes etc.

See you.
    Last edited by kawa; 06-08-2010 at 03:12 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Kawa, for the information. Do you think that the "Peterson" is equal to the Fender "Twin"?

Many people are interested in the "Club" amplifier too. The "Club" isn't available in the U.S. so your evaluation (and your friends' evaluations) would be interesting.

Arigato,
    Randy

User Info Menu

Thanks, Kawa, for the information. Do you think that the "Peterson" is equal to the Fender "Twin"?

Many people are interested in the "Club" amplifier too. The "Club" isn't available in the U.S. so your evaluation (and your friends' evaluations) would be interesting.

Arigato,
    Randy
    No !!! Peteson is good,but alone time feeling.
    Sevlral compact are good,Peterson,Polytone,etc but alone time.
    I playing in bigband,Peterson use to every small event,Twin Reveb use to once a year big concert (2000 peopules)

Please look again edited post.
    Is it possible to say "Compact performance" ? Infact include partient,compromise,etc.
    See you.
    Last edited by kawa; 02-14-2010 at 03:02 AM.

User Info Menu

Kawa,

I understand, thanks for the clarification. You are right, many parameters need to be considered.

Randy

User Info Menu

... I always testing by switching systems(Com In, Out A,Out B, In A, In B,Com Out, by one Cariing footswitch and six Switch Craft jacks)for compairison or tone adj,cable,guitar prossesor,speakers,amps,gettimg same tone,etc. ...
    You are a smart man, Kawa!

cheers,
    randyc

User Info Menu

You are a smart man, Kawa!

cheers,
    randyc
    Thank you randyc,These are important for sound pursuit,not at memorize image,in quickly same phrase or same chord or same positions single note etc.
    Also use to split check for amp blocks sound and speakers sound(include differrence or condition of twin spkrs each) and each other for reference,
    see you.
    Last edited by kawa; 02-16-2010 at 06:17 PM.

User Info Menu

I agree, my ears can't make good sound comparisons after minutes have passed. Different sounds should be compared within 30 seconds, in my opinion.

User Info Menu

I agree, my ears can't make good sound comparisons after minutes have passed. Different sounds should be compared within 30 seconds, in my opinion.
    Yes randyc,needs quickly a moment switching,Then I thought its for rartionalize.
    Good for concentrate to sound check by only foot during play the guitar and adj the EQ etc.
    See you.
    Last edited by kawa; 02-16-2010 at 01:05 AM.

User Info Menu

Hi Kawa,

I like the variety of posts that you are providing. Lots of good music and some very nice equipment. I'm very envious of your nice Fender amplifier.

Your friend,
    RandyC

User Info Menu

Hi Kawa,

I like the variety of posts that you are providing. Lots of good music and some very nice equipment. I'm very envious of your nice Fender amplifier.

Your friend,
    RandyC
    Hi randyc,Like as you think,We needs data base for us and outsiders.
    See you my friend randyc from kawa.

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 06-29-2010 at 10:35 PM.

User Info Menu

Beautifully played. I've never seen a Super 400 with a floating pickup before, unusual!

User Info Menu

Beautifully played. I've never seen a Super 400 with a floating pickup before, unusual!
    Thank you randyc,Mr.Tanabe keeping his sound always.
    Not too wet(dark) and not too dry,just "Guitar Sound"
    See you.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Nice interview, thanks Kawa!

User Info Menu

Nice interview, thanks Kawa!
    You're welcome, randyc
    See you

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 03-10-2010 at 03:45 AM.

User Info Menu

Kawa, VERY NICE slide show! Is the accompaniment your own playing? Sounds good - the 175 and the Vobrolux?

Randy

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 06-29-2010 at 10:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Last edited by kawa; 06-29-2010 at 10:52 PM.

User Info Menu

When I hear "Li'l Darlin", it's forever associated in my mind with "Satin Doll" and "Girl Talk". You post beautiful music and your video accompaniments are always entertaining. We're lucky that you're a member! Perhaps some day we'll have the pleasure of seeing/hearing you perform - especially with a big band. That would be great

Respectfully,
    Randy C

User Info Menu

VERY nice, Mister Kawashima, that is an impressive orchestra. Guys, take a look at this web page. Kawa is listed and photographed in the rhythm section at the very top. In the orchestral photo, he's seated at the far left, next to the pianist.

Thank you very much !
    Randy C.
    Last edited by randyc; 03-24-2010 at 07:45 PM.

User Info Menu

VERY nice, Mister Kawashima, that is an impressive orchestra. Guys, take a look at this web page. Kawa is listed and photographed in the rhythm section at the very top. In the orchestral photo, he's seated at the far left, next to the pianist.

Thank you very much !
    Randy C.

Someones posted just one video on the Web ; with the Billy Vaughn Orchestra.(I'm off the this song)
    The Billy Vaughn Orchestra playing now the Good Americans Era Musics with three chorus girls(Names:Billy Vaughn Girls).
    Afterhours,We had a garden party,I talked with the Billy Vaughns guitarman(Gibson L-7C-Floater),He is a Pedal steel Mania and visit to the his offerd factory in Japan with enjoy.

Thank you your cheks randyc.
    See you
    from Fumio Kawashima (kawa)
    Last edited by kawa; 03-24-2010 at 11:39 PM.