The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 35 of 35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    haha..gettin hijacked comes with the turf!!

u'r playing's always good!..

cheers
    . Haha, take me to your leader earthlings

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The design of Luna looks pretty similar to an Acoustic Image Clarus. My Clarus 2R has a few more bells and whistles, but I don’t really need all of them. A simpler amp with one really good reverb sounds like a good way to go. Having said that, I really love the warm sound of my Clarus. How does the sound of the Luna compare to a Clarus?
    Keith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    The design of Luna looks pretty similar to an Acoustic Image Clarus. My Clarus 2R has a few more bells and whistles, but I don’t really need all of them. A simpler amp with one really good reverb sounds like a good way to go. Having said that, I really love the warm sound of my Clarus. How does the sound of the Luna compare to a Clarus?
    Keith
    funny you should ask

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    actually, this is all quite detailed fri the real point of my post which is how great the amp actually sounds I though the band was pretty good too.
    Hey, c'mon, Mark -- we established early on that you and the band sound awesome! Now we have to discuss gear to understand how you sound that good!

Marc

User Info Menu

funny you should ask
    Thanks! Excellent comparison. They all sound good but with very subtle differences. I think the Luna and toneblock both sound a little brighter than the Clarus. I’ll probably just stick with my Clarus, because it really seems to work for me.
    Keith

User Info Menu

Mark Enjoyed the band. Your tone and musical talent/skills have been great for a long while so no surprises here. Also thanks for turning me on to Davis Whitfield.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft
    Mark Enjoyed the band. Your tone and musical talent/skills have been great for a long while so no surprises here. Also thanks for turning me on to Davis Whitfield.
    Davis is Mark Whitfield’s son. Yeah, no pressure

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    Thanks! Excellent comparison. They all sound good but with very subtle differences. I think the Luna and toneblock both sound a little brighter than the Clarus. I’ll probably just stick with my Clarus, because it really seems to work for me.
    Keith
    Clarus is awesome and I didn’t expect it o get bumped from the #1 spot. For some gigs (quieter ones) I’ll probably still opt for the Clarus.

User Info Menu

Davis is Mark Whitfield’s son. Yeah, no pressure
    I wondered if that was the case. It looks like in this instance the apple never left the tree.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft
    I wondered if that was the case. It looks like in this instance the apple never left the tree.
    I don’t know his dad, but he’s a genuine sweet person too. I think he’s got an incredibly bright future.