The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Heading out to a low-key new year's gig, wishing everyone a (most importantly) healthy and prosperous new year!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

a happy new year to all our wonderful jazz guitar forum friends!

health, happiness and guitars guitars guitars..

my peanuts corruption! hah

Happy New Year to all!-ny20-jpg

cheers

User Info Menu

Happy New Gear everyone! To those of you holding on to your old gear, Have a great year and happy healthy playing.

User Info Menu

Happy New Year to all our JGO friends planet-wide, and safe journeys for our gigging brothers and sisters!

User Info Menu

Very best wishes for the new year to all.
    Hoping it's a safe, healthy and prosperous one!
    I'm off tonight (actually haven't had a good enough offer in yrs. to go out on "amateur night") but if you are working tonight please be careful on the way home!

User Info Menu

Happy New Year to all!

Many Thanks to all the forum members that have taken the time to respond to my (very basic) threads.

In addition, thanks for all that I have enjoyed and learned from everyone in this wonderful forum.

Take Good Care!

Cheers

Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    a happy new year to all our wonderful jazz guitar forum friends!

health, happiness and guitars guitars guitars..

my peanuts corruption! hah

Happy New Year to all!-ny20-jpg

cheers
    Mrs. k and I will be having sparkling apple juice. Champers is no longer on the menu, but at least we're still at the table!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Very best wishes for the new year to all.
    Hoping it's a safe, healthy and prosperous one!
    I'm off tonight (actually haven't had a good enough offer in yrs. to go out on "amateur night") but if you are working tonight please be careful on the way home!
    "Amateur Night" is aptly named. We've gone from 59 degrees F to getting 2 or three inches of snow overnight. Be careful, everyone!

User Info Menu

My dad passed away on NYE day in 2002, hasn’t been fun since. Too old anyway to be out partying or drinking two bottles of Heitz Martha’s Vineyards cab and watching concert dvds until 2am. I did discover what color my 18 inch Campy is, Bloody Mary red.

be safe, hope to see ya’ll on the flip side.

Big

Happy New Year to all!-5a716716-0695-4832-b8db-926a2e8f6a98-jpeg
    Last edited by BigMikeinNJ; 01-01-2020 at 11:10 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    haha was just voicing the "amateur night" theory earler today!..tho i dont think they properly understood...new years and st.pats (i'm from nyc)...people that have never, goin overboard= ugh

haha

be safe

cheers

User Info Menu

As for 'amateur night', I'll actually be a gigging jazz musician in the coming year with my modest quartet. OK.. I'm really a retired engineer with time and money to pursue music. But I'll get paid to play saxophone and guitar on a somewhat regular basis. Who knew?

And this forum has made that journey all the more enjoyable. A happy and prosperous 2020 to all.

User Info Menu

Just got back from a high dollar gig (I had two to choose from this Year). Playing guitar for a living is a gift. I am honored to provide the soundtrack for times in the life of so many folks. It was a great year and I am hoping 2020 is another one like it. I have 175 gigs on the calendar so far.

Play them guitars cause this wild ride we call life will not last forever.

Happy New Year to all.

User Info Menu

Happy New year everybody! With health, music, and loved ones!

User Info Menu

A Happy New Year to everyone from me as well!

User Info Menu

A Happy New Year to everyone!
    May we all be able to love and enjoy our guitars and the music which we can create with them for many more years to come!

User Info Menu

It’s always been my understanding that “amateur night” is what police and emergency room staff call NYE. Too many decent people getting too drunk to know better and drive drunk. Probably one of the worst nights for alcohol related fatalities, not as a disrespectful term to guys that suit up, schlep their gear and make beautiful music to a bunch of once a year hard partners, my hats off to all of you who do it.

Big

Happy New Year to all!-00f6c3e9-9c64-4a81-b422-e8c6e85b05be-jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    As for 'amateur night', I'll actually be a gigging jazz musician in the coming year with my modest quartet. OK.. I'm really a retired engineer with time and money to pursue music. But I'll get paid to play saxophone and guitar on a somewhat regular basis. Who knew?

And this forum has made that journey all the more enjoyable. A happy and prosperous 2020 to all.

User Info Menu

HNY to you all, may we all be blessed to be here again on 1/1/2021 and say the same greetings and wishes.