The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I hope this question is not too dumb, but pricing for new Quilters seems exactly the same everywhere. Are these set by Quilter as haggle-free, or can we make offers? Any experiences with pricing (not asking for seller/business names of course)? Thanks, k * P.S. I want a 202.
    Last edited by kraml; 12-30-2019 at 07:49 PM. Reason: add info

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I don’t know about that particular model, but I’ve been seeing Quilter Tone Block amps coming up fairly regularly on Stupid Deal of the Day offers on Musiciansfriend.com.

User Info Menu

[I'd recommend buying one used.]

You can always make someone an offer; whether they accept it or not is another question ...

User Info Menu

Looks like there's Quilter 202 head in the For Sale section of this Forum right now, if that's what the OP is looking for.

User Info Menu

I’ve been waiting for a good price on a used MicroPro 8 for a backup. Either original or Mach II. Been waiting a long time.

User Info Menu

So as a Quilter user for over 4 years now. All I can say is they are well worth the asking price. One suggestion is make sure you get at least 100 watt versions or even 200 so you will be never be underpowered.

My choices are the Aviator 1x8,1x12 Combos and a Tone Block 202

User Info Menu

I checked to see if Musician's Friend 15% off code applied to the Quilter 202. It does not. Implies that the manufacturer would like to control their final online pricing.

The solution is to call the number they give you in the pop up where they tell you the promo code doesn't work. That or go into chat mode with a sales person. Ask for the discount to be applied. They will then offer you the best discount they can manage. This works because Quilter will control the MARP (Manufacturers Advertised Retail Price) but they don't control the unadvertised price you get with direct contact.
    Last edited by Spook410; 01-03-2020 at 06:14 PM.

User Info Menu

Seems to me Quilter controls their pricing and distribution quite closely. I bought 2 amps, an extension cab, a Block Dock and some accessories over the last 3 years. I did a lot of shopping around both online and otherwise. I wasn't able to find any 'deals' on either side of the border.

202 is a great amp!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I’ve been waiting for a good price on a used MicroPro 8 for a backup. Either original or Mach II. Been waiting a long time.
    There is an MP-8 on Craigslist in Eugene, OR, for a great price ($525). There is an MP-10 on CL in Seattle (@$650). I don't know if either seller would be willing to ship ...
    Last edited by Bflat233; 01-01-2020 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added additional info

User Info Menu

Over here in EU the situation with Quilter seems to be that there is so much demand that they can keep their prices where they are.

And the used market is about zero, at least here in EU and even in Ebay with the newest models (f.ex. TB202).

I changed from 101R to a new TB202 in last fall and I had to wait about 2-3 months to amps even be available here.

And yes: it was and is worth it!