The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Posts 376 to 400 of 409

User Info Menu

In #369 above I said none, but I was looking. However, as of Tuesday I now have one, a GA-20. I sold my previous amp in 1982, so for 41-years there has been no amp hanging around our house. Had to buy a cord off Amazon before I could try it out, but it does “work”. Kind of a low, soft background noise that I have to look into.

It has a serial number so I need to hunt down the year it was made. Would interesting if it is the same year as my 1952 L-5C?

Tom

How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-285daceb-6056-4b0f-87e5-42e938474965-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I'm at about 35. Most of them were acquired 10 to 25 years ago when they were lesser known and cheaper than now. There's also another 8 or 10 speaker cabinets.

User Info Menu

I've got three.

1) Jazz Reverb Dual Master 150 by Sonic Guitars
    2) Polytone Mega Brute
    3) DV Mark Little Jazz

How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-img_0470-jpg
    How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-img_0469-jpg
    How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-img_0471-jpg

P.S. Sonic Guitars is a Forum member

Jazzreverb 150 Deluxe Guitar Amp

User Info Menu

I have a boss katana 50 which I did nearly all my learning on and love. And now a 68 custom deluxe reverb which I’m honesty underwhelmed by, maybe I was just expecting to sound better but I don’t know.

Might trade towards a Princeton so I can take to a friends house easier or the 65 deluxe reverb which may be more of what I want.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jumpnblues View Post
    I've owned two Louis Electric amps. They were both outstanding. About 15 years ago I got into bluegrass music and ended up selling all my electric stuff. I got back into jazz and blues a couple years ago and picked up a Fender Tone Master Deluxe. I really like it. It's my first SS amp since the early '70s. Great amp for home or gigging. I'll bet your Columbia sounds killer.
    There's another thread in here- I want to hear how you went un-electric, then returned from bluegrass!

User Info Menu

victoria 35210
    dr z Carmen Ghia

Currently, the only amp I use is a DV Mark Little Jazz. I am very happy with it. It doesn't do anything magical, but it's real easy to set up for a nice, clean jazz sound, and it's super portable. Despite its size it can go quite loud as well, if needed.

I have a few amps that are stowed away. A Marshall DSL 401 from my younger days, an 80s cream-colored Roland Cube, and a small Kustom practice amp. None of them see any use from me anymore.

For a good decade I had a Fuchs ODS 30 that I got in high school. It was dependable and I gigged with it. But with time I stopped bonding with the sound. Something about the mids. It also has too many options for my current tastes, with time I gravitate more toward simplicity: set it and forget it. And the head/cab thing is not the most practical setup either. So I ended up recently selling it.

I've been GASing hard for a Carr Sportsman to replace it, but I'm having a hard time justifying that I need it, since I don't really gig anymore.

I also recently tried a Victory V40 which was lovely. But again the head/cab setup is a bit impractical.

User Info Menu

3, or 5 if we count pedal amps.
    1. Amplified Nation Overdrive Reverb my tube amp, head and 12" cabinet
    2. Fender Tonemaster Twin Reverb primarily for keyboard
    3. Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb, my carry out guitar amp
    4. UAFX "Dream" a Deluxe Reverb pedal
    5. UAFX "Woodrow" 55 Fender Tweed pedal

User Info Menu

Trace Elliott Elf
    GK MB 200
    Two cabinets, 1-8" and 2-8", both with Eminence Beta woofers.
    Analogman King of Tone for overdrive,

User Info Menu

Down to 2 now.

User Info Menu

I lost count .

User Info Menu

Uh one, uh two, uh three ...

User Info Menu

Only one -- for now. DV Mark Little Jazz

I miss my Mambo amp!
    Last edited by bjazzy; 09-21-2023 at 03:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Well, the Victoria 518 champ is unfortunately gone, it was an all around great amp, but just a tad too broken for jazz at gig volumes (i played quite a few drumless gigs with it). If i was playing more blues gigs it would have been a forever keeper, but for my uses i prefer the Fender Pro Junior IV. Sold it to the right musician also!

So the champ is gone, and a Marshall JCM800 studio classic head is coming to replace it, just in time for my new fusion project!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstove View Post
    3, or 5 if we count pedal amps.
    1. Amplified Nation Overdrive Reverb my tube amp, head and 12" cabinet
    2. Fender Tonemaster Twin Reverb primarily for keyboard
    3. Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb, my carry out guitar amp
    4. UAFX "Dream" a Deluxe Reverb pedal
    5. UAFX "Woodrow" 55 Fender Tweed pedal
    or 6 counting pedal amps. Just traded for a milkman 100. It’s superb. Cleans are fabulous, maybe my favorite amongst all my amps, even my beloved overdrive reverb. Its speaker out and xlr balanced outs make it extremely flexible in studio or stage. Takes dirt pedals great

User Info Menu

3 guitar amps
    2 bass amps

User Info Menu

Just 2..
    DVmark Jazz 12 and Vintage47 Ric Supreme.

User Info Menu

Fender princeton reverb 68 reissue
    Fender vintage modified deluxe
    Vox lil night train
    Fishman loudbox mini
    Fender champion 20
    Fender acoustisonic
    A keyboard amp (forget which)
    A bass amp (forget which)
    Next is gonna be an aer compact 60/4

User Info Menu

AER Compact 60/2.
    Hand wired 18 Watt combo (1 x 12" built by me from an Ampmaker.com kit with a Cab by A F Custom).
    Boss Katana 50 mk1.
    Bose S1 Pro (x 2).
    Boss MicroCube (mostly for using a looper in an acoustic setting).

They all get used but as I hardly ever gig these days it's mostly mucking about in the home studio and the odd open mic.

User Info Menu

4 guitar amps. Ridiculous but so much fun.

June/'65 Deluxe Reverb
    Feb/'66 Pro Reverb
    '52 GA-20
    2023 Henriksen Bud 10. No pics yet.

Lets not talk about the bass amps..

User Info Menu

Well I have just wasted 2 hrs of my time reading all of the posts. I thought I was sick with GAS. You all appear to AAS (amplifier acquisition syndrome). I have been looking around at suggestions for relatively affordable desktop practice amps and never heard of DV Mark Little until now (not sure I would call that relatively affordable but whatever).. Fender mustangs and champs may be bigger than I want. The Yamaha THR10 is also on my radar but also not cheap. FYI, I have a silverface Deluxe Reverb from the ?80's that I use at home because it weighs so much. I've pretty much use it for jazz my Heritage GE and 575. It would be nice to have a lightweight amp that sounds great, is affordable, that I could take over to play with friends however. Thanks for the education. I commiserate with all of you "amp heads".

User Info Menu

Two guitar and one bass. No more room though I’m happy with everything I have.

How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-img_3944-jpegHow Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-img_3947-jpgHow Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-img_8192-jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
    I own three amps: I mostly use the two solid state amps when playing straight ahead solo jazz. The AI + Chameleon when using a guitar with a KA HB + Barbera because I use both amp channels and a the HF driver in the Chameleon. The Evans is just a great sounding, light weight, grab and go combo for clean straight-ahead jazz. I use the Redplate for playing blues and rock where both clean and overdriven sounds is called for.

Solid State Amps:
    1) Acoustic Image Clarus 2R Series III Head + Buscarino 1x8” Chameleon Speaker Cabinet
    2) Evans RE 200 1x10” Combo Amp

Tube Amp:
    3) Redplate RP40 40w, 6L6, Tweed/Blackface 1x12” Combo Amp

It's fantastic that you have specific amps for different genres and playing styles. The versatility of the AI + Chameleon for jazz with the KA HB + Barbera setup and the use of both amp channels shows a thoughtful approach.

User Info Menu

Jazz brought me back from bluegrass. It's always haunted me that it took me so long to start studying jazz. I've always wanted to be a really good jazz player...since I started playing guitar in 1961. But rock got ahold of me in my early years and studying jazz got shelved.

Then I went to work one day and started listening to the bluegrass channel on Sirius XM. Bluegrass sunk it's teeth in me and I was hooked. I worked really hard on my bluegrass flat picking and after a few years I got pretty good at it. I also took up mandolin and Scruggs style banjo. But guitar has always been my main instrument.

So, realizing I'm 74 y/o and running out of time I've started earnestly getting to work on jazz and music theory. I'm still in a bluegrass band but the majority of my time is now spent on jazz. That's the short version of my conversion to jazz story.

So that I might stay a little closer to this thread...for amps, I have a Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb and a Victoria 20112 (5e3) Tweed Deluxe. I love both amps.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JGinNJ View Post
    There's another thread in here- I want to hear how you went un-electric, then returned from bluegrass!
    To keep it short, jazz brought me back from bluegrass. It's always haunted me that it took me so long to start studying jazz. I've always wanted to be a really good jazz player...since I started playing guitar in 1961. But rock got ahold of me in my early years and studying jazz got shelved.

Then I went to work one day and started listening to the bluegrass channel on Sirius XM. Bluegrass sunk it's teeth in me and I was hooked. I worked really hard on my bluegrass flat picking and after a few years I got pretty good at it. I also took up mandolin and Scruggs style banjo. But guitar has always been my main instrument.

Soooooo, realizing I'm 74 y/o and running out of time I've started earnestly getting to work on jazz and music theory. I'm still in a bluegrass band but the majority of my time is now spent on jazz. That's the short version of my conversion to jazz story.

So that I might stay a little closer to the subject of this thread...for amps, I have a Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb and a Victoria 20112 (5e3) Tweed Deluxe. I love both amps.