User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gearloose
    Roland Blues Cube.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    In my experience, all of them. Specifically: Marshall Plexis, Black, Brown, and Tweed Fenders, Music Mans, Peaveys, Traynors, Acoustic Image Corus IIIs, Jazz Kats and likely others. Other amp manufacturers might want to ship me samples for field testing. I could make room in my busy schedule. As a public service.
    The Gear Page readers recommended hand-wired boutique amps, unsurprisingly.

User Info Menu

A great pairing!

User Info Menu

The latest amp I added to my collection is a 5F1 Champ with a modern Jensen P10R speaker. It was a kit I built during the pandemic with Hammond transformers and I housed it in a slightly larger solid pine cab (a cut-up IKEA bedside table, LOL).

It’s a wonderful little amp that makes every guitar sound good! It has a hard to describe punchy thing going on and the mids have a piano-like quality that lift the tone and make playing more effortless somehow. You have to experience it to truly understand I guess….. with my Boss FRV-1 Reverb in front of it this is my best jazz amp for when the volumes stay low.

Here it is wirh my DIY tele and sitting next to my main gigging amp, my trusty and very rare vintage Framus Strato 345:

User Info Menu

Six. Two nylons, a Breedlove Mahogany, a Breedlove from sustained woods, an Eastman AR803CE, and a AR610 with a Mahogany back.

How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-bd151080-ea26-491d-9a63-36b0daba2c03-jpegHow Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-e44ebb1a-9909-40fe-aba1-87afebb47161-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Fender Princeton Reverb II, which I use every day. I too do not have enough space for another.
    Brotherhood! People come into town and they ask me if they can use the Princeton II and when they're done, they ask me if I'll sell it to them. What a voice, eh? I put a hemp speaker in mine. It was my 'forever partner' amp until I moved into a tiny apartment. At that point, the wife made strict space allowances and the Princeton comes out of the storage space for gigs, my house amp is a Schertler. Tiny amp, all the sound I need.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    Brotherhood! People come into town and they ask me if they can use the Princeton II and when they're done, they ask me if I'll sell it to them. What a voice, eh? I put a hemp speaker in mine. It was my 'forever partner' amp until I moved into a tiny apartment. At that point, the wife made strict space allowances and the Princeton comes out of the storage space for gigs, my house amp is a Schertler. Tiny amp, all the sound I need.
    Brotherhood indeed! Mine is too loud for my tiny apartment, but still produces tone at low volume. I am considering renting a church hall for a few hours just to play loud.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Brotherhood indeed! Mine is too loud for my tiny apartment, but still produces tone at low volume. I am considering renting a church hall for a few hours just to play loud.
    Sounds like a great idea. My PRII came with a factory Fender branded EV12. It would likely break a few of the stained glass windows in my church if cranked to an sinful volume.

User Info Menu

Mine also has the Electro-Voice speaker (which, according to the service manual, has the same cone and voice coil as the EVM-12S-Series II, and the spider used in the Force 12, DL-15M, DL-15W and a few others; or so I am told).

My amp is one of the Super Pro series, with a dovetailed oak plank cabinet, a front panel in Champagne Beige and Choco Brown, and matching grille cloths and knobs. I think it would be fitting for a church, but I will bear those windows in mind.

User Info Menu

I have one amp, it's a Morgan MVP23.

User Info Menu

Have seven here at the moment:

Contemporary solid state:

Henriksen Blu Six
    Mark Acoustic
    Fishman Loudbox Mini
    Yamaha THR10
    Katana Mini

1960s tube:

Gibson Falcon
    Fender Vibrochamp

Nowadays, I mainly play out at jam sessions (jazz, funk, bossa, blues) or open mics. Most clubs provide at least one decent backline amp (Roland, Peavey, Yamaha, Fender, AER, Vox), so I usually don’t need to bring my own amp. When I do, such as sitting in at friends’ hotel gigs, the Henriksen does the trick.

The Yamaha is a good grab and go amp for playing informally at a friends’ home, and the Katana fits into the pouch of my travel guitar on road trips with the Mrs.

When playing at home for fun in the music room I usually use the Fender and Gibson with a tape echo and a Sole-Mate spring reverb or the Blu as a platform for messing with pedals. When we have guests over in the living room, the Mark works well with the Roland piano and U-bass, or if someone brings along their string bass, and the Fishman is more than adequate for an archtop/flattop and a mic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radioarc
    4 at the moment
    Fender Champion 100
    Roland Micro cube
    Roland Bolt -60 (1982) a 60 watt refurbished
    Bugera G20
    Hi guys please beware that this user radioarc is in fact a scammer. He scammed me into thinking I was buying a Polytone, and ended up taking my money and running. Please beware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I own too much amps, but I'm the type who tends to keep things for hard times which might come or not. Who knows.

Dynacord Amigo (German copy of a Champ from '71) - the one I started with learning guitar
    Dynacord Twen II (German copy of a Princeton from beginning of 70ties)
    Fender Concert '84 - stationary amp in the rehearsal place of my bigband, sometimes substituted by the following one
    PCL Vintage Amp VA1956 with an EV12 from '84 (German copy of a Boogie Mk II, a hidden gem if you know how to service it)
    DV Mark "raw dawg" hybrid top 150W - the amp for gigs due to its low weight, together with a small 12" box

Self built amps:
    Princeton clone - my daily amp for practicing at home. The amp for the lonely island
    A Fender type combo in a Princeton housing with a 12in speaker, 40W - also used for gigs, only 15 kg.

Gone but not forgotten:
    Marshall Superlead 100 from '71 - days of R'R are gone, too loud and heavy for Jazz
    Musicman 110RD50 - nice amp, replaced by self built 40W combo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzPadd
    Just sold two amps, a Fishman Loudbox Mini and a Yamaha THR10, so I now own six:

Recent SS:
    Boss Katana Mini
    Henriksen The Blu 6
    Mark Acoustic AC101H

1960s tube:
    Gibson Falcon
    Fender VibroChamp
    Danelectro Amp-in-Case
    How does the MArk Acoustic AC101H sound with a jazz guitar?
    I think it should be pretty nice.

User Info Menu

Here’s all of mine:

Solid state transistor combos:
    Polytone Mini Brute I (with 8 ohm Celestion G12-100 speaker. It’s heavy!)

Peavey transtube ‘Red Stripe’ (Now with a Jensen Neodym magnet speaker).

Fender Sidekick 10 (I replaced the shitty 8 in. Fender speaker with a 8 inch Jensen Special Design.) It still sounds bad. Hissy and woolly.

Solid state/tube? head:
    Vox MV50 Clean - Nutube

Tube/valve heads:
    Laney CUB Supertop

Victory VC35 Deluxe

I’ve mostly used the Victory.

Now I use the Polytone.
    I managed to coax a great tone from it with the aid of several pedals.

User Info Menu

For acoustic and Jazz :Mesa Rosette acoustic (300w 2x8) ,
    Main electric amps are from the Custom Amp Dept :
    PRS Blue Sierra 50W (KT77's)Paisley / 2x12 Paisley , PRS DG30 Custom / 2x12 ported cabHow Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-prs-parlor-2-jpg the others:
    Mesa -Boogie Studio .22+,Sovtek Mig 50 head, Peavey Classic 30 and a Pre-CBS Princeton blackface
    for Bass :Mesa WD-800 (bass wih 2 X15 Mesa cab) , GK RB 800 Fusion ( Bass with 2x12 Bergantino cab)
    Last edited by Greywolf; 03-13-2023 at 11:20 AM.

User Info Menu

Updated inventory:

Fender Princeton Reverb II Super Pro
    Hiwatt Custom 7 SA110 combo.

User Info Menu

41, which is one less than I need.

User Info Menu

I have Nine amps ( drastic reduction needed! )
    Fender Vibrolux Silverface
    Henriksen Blu 6
    Henriksen Blu10
    Henriksen Forte
    Mesa Boogie MK 5 35watt head
    Mambo 12" Combo
    Acoustic Image amp ( non reverb ) plus RE 10"spkr ER
    Polytone Bass amp 15" Spkr
    Rivera Suprema 12" spkr 25 watt

User Info Menu

I'm not saying, my x-wife could be reading

User Info Menu

Suhr Hombre
    AER Compact 60
    Kemper Amp
    Hot Rod Deluxe Mk3
    (I will probably sell it, but its a nice one for student jams)

User Info Menu

One very big one. Well a Marshall JVMHJS (Satriani modded version) full stack in limited blue. Sounds glorious and does most things with a few turns of knobs.

I’ll be shortly looking for a jazz oriented small amp.
    Last edited by Rograt; 10-11-2022 at 01:56 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm at 6--

Henriksen Convertible/Redstone Cab
    Polytone MB III
    ZT Lunchbox
    Yamaha THR 10ii
    and a Roland Microcube

I still technically own a silverface Princeton, but it's been living at a friend's home studio since before covid.

User Info Menu

Mesa Rosette , Mesa/Boogie Studio .22+, Peavey Classic 30 , Pre-CBS Fender Princeton, Sovtek Mig 50 head