The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Posts 101 to 125 of 410

User Info Menu

I realise I didn’t put any discription of my amps. Here it comes:

1- 1994 Fender Blues Deluxe. Modded: Jensen Neo speaker and circuit transformed closer to AB763. Great amp for jazz, but very heavy.

2- Guyatone GA-1100D. (w Fender badge): probably late 70ies Japanese Twin Reverb copy. It’s 1:1 an AB763 Twin. The ultimate clean jazz amp?

3- (on the floor, foreground): AER Alpha. Great little portable PA/guitar amp

4- Framus Strato 345. German, 60ies, 1x12”, 2xEL36. Great sound, like a Tweed Deluxe but with BF Deluxe power and headroom (little more even, supposedly 45 watts). My main amp nowadays!

5- Guyatone GA-1100. Late 60ies Japanese Vibroverb clone (15” speaker!) Heavy clean monster.

6- 1962 Dynacord DA-16v. Great little German vintage amp with a surprising lot of headroom for a 2xEL84 amp! The combo housing is a modified Lafayette LA-75 cab with a 12” speaker

7- Award Session BluesBaby 22 in DIY pine cab with Jensen NEO 12-100 solid state amp. Lightweight (8 kgs), and very tube-like!

8- Award Session Rockette 30 mosfet amp. Packs a lot of punch for such a small amp! The Bluesbaby’s forerunner, but with a little more power and headroom.

9- Artec Tino MA3T. My smallest (practise) amp. Runs on a 9V battery. Fits in a suitcase for holidays! It’s not meant for gigging but actually sounds pretty nice! (But 5 watt thru a 5” speaker won’t take you very far)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

four 70's polytone mini brute early 2000's polytone minibrute henriksen jazz 10 henriksen Blu.. I gig with the blue.

User Info Menu

Fender Blues Junior- 1994 with Cannabis Rex speaker. Currently up for Sale on Reverb. Given as a gift from an ex-girlfriend waaaaaay back in the day.

Little Jazz- Guitar Center sale about a year ago.

Rivera Jazz Supreme 25- got from Reverb about 6 months ago. I like it very much. Got for what I think was a great price.

Gibson Ga-18- got this from an estate sale back in spring. Mint condition aestethically with original cover. It did need a new 3 prong and some small updates. Very cool, I dig it!

I'm a beginner and this equipment is way above my level of play, but it's something to aspire to.

How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-20191229_131748-jpg

User Info Menu

1962 Fender Pro
    1962 Fender Vibrolux
    1964 Fender Tremolux
    1966 Ampeg Gemini II
    1967 Fender Bassman
    1974 Deluxe Reverb
    1976 Sano 250R
    Mesa TA-15, VHT Super6 Ultra, 2 Pignose 100
    I also have half a dozen or more cabinets with various speakers and even more speakers in boxes.
    Yea, I am a fender guy but a couple of other amps thrown in the mix.
    Thanks John
    Last edited by powerwagonjohn; 12-30-2019 at 09:00 PM.

User Info Menu

I built a little 20w "Footrest" amp from scraps (but not in a cave). I tried a Fender Frontman 212r, which sounded good, but was way big for me to lug around. I owned a Roland Cube 30x for 2 days; resold. I've now settled on a 1980's Fender Champ 12 tube amp. I still have my little footrest amp too.

So the answer is 2:
    - Fender Champ 12
    - Homemade "Footrest" 20w 6" amp
    Last edited by Brent; 01-01-2020 at 05:05 PM.

User Info Menu

I have two:

Quilter 101 Reverb into a Blockdock 10TC
    Quilter Micropro Mach2 HD 12" speaker

User Info Menu

Same as gits, more than I need, less than I want.

With a super, twin, positive grid and old Polytone, I should be selling unused things on Craigslist this year. Maybe that triplerec can go? :-)

User Info Menu

I have a Jazz 12 and a Micro 50, that's it. I am a digital heathen

User Info Menu

3 for me

Yamaha G50ii 112
    Yamaha JX15
    Roland Orange Cube 100

I play them all fairly evenly. Could prob stand to sell one of the bigger ones to have more space but I couldn't choose between them at this point cause I haven't had the Cube long.

User Info Menu

66 super reverb
    73 super reverb
    77 boogie mkI
    TopHat Super deluxe
    Vintage Sound vs20
    Tungsten cortez
    DV Mark little jazz
    Ultrasound pro200

recently sold - Vintage Sound vs40

User Info Menu

I have pared down to:

Custom Blues Jr with Cannabis Speaker, dark green Tolex and other custom features.

Lab Series L5.

User Info Menu

I Have Three

Ulbrick Venue 30 class A tube (great sounding but need a forklift to move)

Phil Jones Super Cub (used as a backup amp)

Mambo 10" wedge + 10" wedge extension speaker cabinet (main amp great sound and all the volume I will ever need)

User Info Menu

Too many! For one thing, multiples of virtually each type. Gotta have spares, backups, right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Too many! For one thing, multiples of virtually each type. Gotta have spares, backups, right?
    C’mon Greentone give us a quick rundown ;D Even just selected bits!

I’ll be green, too, from seeing all those tweed amps in the list! Why am I obsessed with tweed amps? Maybe because they’re amazing?

User Info Menu

Heh, I was thinking I might have a problem until I saw this thread. First of all, I own no jazz amps.

Crate 40 watt something or another. I boughtit new back in 1996. Has two 10s, two channels, 20 watts per channel. I've gigged with it, where I amplified my classical playing with a big band.

Marshall 8020. A little 20 watt Marshall practice amp, has an 8" speaker of some sort. Best thing about this little critter is it has a Line Out. I've actually recorded with it. It gets a decent overdriven sound.

Marshall VS102R. This is a 100 watt, 2 - 12" Celestion combo. Has a tube for the pre-amp section, solid state for the power section. This amp is LOUD and has a very respectable overdriven Marshall quality about it. I actually like it a lot.

Marshal CODE 50. 50 watts, 1 - 12" Celestion. I bought this amp early last year because I wanted a decent modelling amp with some up-to-date features. It has over 100 presets, and is capable of delivering on all of them. It even has Bluetooth so I can control it from my phone. It also has a USB out, which makes it more convenient for recording with.

Marshall CODE 100. 100 watts, 2 - 12" Celestions. I bought this one a few months ago. I didn't really need this amp, but Marshall had discontinued it and everybody was blowing it out at almost half price. I just couldn't let that deal get by me, so I picked one up. I don't need it, but I'm figuring that one of these days somebody else will, and I might actually be able to make a few $ off the deal.

User Info Menu

Add another one to my list
    Attached Images Attached Images How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-cda71e25-482d-4e89-b1bc-998dd9a23576-jpg 

User Info Menu

Two:

Hiwatt DR504
    Roland Cube 30X

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    I suppose I could play guitar through this:
    That looks like a lot of watts in that box. Does the head have an output transformer, or a typical push-pull solid-state output?

User Info Menu

Mesa introduced the "Fathom" in 2008, and quickly re-badged it as the "M6 Carbine" because of a trademark issue. It was discontinued in May of 2017.

I think it was a success for Mesa, made obsolete by the many Class D amps now on the market that have similar or more power and only weigh 5 pounds.
    I prefer it to the Class D amps I've tried - it just sounds better to me. Sounds great and has lots of tonal versatility for an old guy like me, who plays 4-string bass w/flatwounds - electric and upright. It's a MOSFET amp with a 12ax7 in the preamp. Weighs 25 lbs - doesn't seem heavy to me, but can't compete with 5 pounds. It's rated at 600 watts into a 2 or 4 ohm load, or 320 watts into an 8 ohm load.

Last edited by Hammertone; 07-18-2020 at 02:03 AM.

User Info Menu

Looks like I currently have 17. I've owned at least that many more that are no longer with me.

Most gigged:

1. Mercer Deluxe - 5e3 clone
    2. Fishman Loudbox Artist
    3. Crate Taxi

And the rest -- they all gig at one time or another:

1. Fender Princeton 65 RI
    2. Fender Bassman 65 RI
    3. Fender Deluxe 65 RI
    4. Fender Princeton Recording Amp
    5. Fender Pro Junior -- early tweed version made in Lake Oswego
    6. Fender Excelsior -- 2nd version with the upgraded speaker
    7. Wolff Amp - a sort of hotrodded Champ type, 10watts
    8. Fender Champion 600 RI -- basically a toy, though I have gigged it a time or two
    9. Fender Musicmaster Bass -- silverface, needs work, not stage-worthy yet
    10. Quilter MicroPro 200
    11. ZT Lunchbox -- my favorite steel guitar amp
    12. ZT Lunchbox Acoustic -- workable but not great

Bass amps:
    1. Phillip Jones Briefcase
    2. GK MB400

I'm considering trying an AER Compact 60 in the never-ending quest to get a decent loud tone out of my gypsy guitar.

Custom made, small walnut cab. 50 watts, quiet...The perfect small amp for me.

User Info Menu

1. Fender Mustang III Ver 2
    2. Fender Twin Reverb 65 RI
    3. Fender Deluxe Reverb 65 RI
    4. Crate 60
    5. LAB Series L5

I mostly use the Mustang these days. It has been years since I moved the Twin or the Deluxe. I sometimes will take the little Crate to a rehearsal. The LAB L5 has been sitting in my garage for over 20 years. The reverb on it went out in the late 80s. I'd like to get it cleaned up and working but I never seem to get around to it. I'm probably going to use the Deluxe more. It has a C Rex speaker and is a really great sounding amp.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    Add another one to my list
    A remarkable display of physical prowess and a strong stand against the tiny-amp-trend! Bravo! ;D

User Info Menu

The TM Twin only weighs 32lbs. Which is less than either the Peavey Classic 30 or Boss Katana 100w Combo. It’s my tiny amp with a BIG sound.

User Info Menu

Hadn’t noticed that it was a TM! Well-played sir! And let us know how it sounds… I’m sure it sounds great!