Posts 51 to 75 of 410

User Info Menu

- Quilter Micropro-8 (first edition)
    - DV Mark Little Jazz

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I got rid of anything with tubes.

1 Fender sidekick bass 65
    1 Fender sidekick bass 65 cut down to a much smaller lighter 12 inch cabinet with tweeter.

1 LoudBox mini
    1 LoudBox mini charge.

How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-dsc_0104-2014_12_09-19_00_43-utc-jpgHow Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-dsc_0106-2014_12_09-19_00_43-utc-jpgHow Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-cab-jpg

User Info Menu

I decided to own only 1. Really dont need more, I once had maybe 2 max, but always used only 1. In that one I found everything I need, its a DV Mark Jazz 12.

Merry Christmas to all you guys

User Info Menu

I think I’ve got six. Listing small to big:

Fender Champion 600
    Fender Tweed Champ (kit)
    Phil Jones AG 100 Cub
    Quilter 101 Mini
    Buscarino Chameleon (powered 1X8)
    Milkman Dairy Air 30 watt head

Three tube amps... three solid state...

I’m just hooked on amplified tone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sergio.bello
    Thank you, citizenk74.
    And, your amp list is overwelming... I dare not think about the list of guitars
    I pretty much keep the guitars down to a couple dozen at a time. As I am retired from gigging, I can no longer justify the expense. Every item on my list has earned its keep on the stage or in the studio. Now I can enjoy the art for art's sake.

User Info Menu

Five

AI
    Carvin BX250
    Halsey Deluxe Reverb
    Fender Blues Jr w/ mods
    Altos powered speakers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EllenGtrGrl
    With regards to the first run Peavey Classic 50 - I assume you don't mean the 70s era Tweed Classic Peaveys (and I think that was only a 100 watt amp - they didn't make a 50 watt version), and you mean the 90s era Classic 50? I had a 1993 Classic 50, and it was quite the workhorse amp for gigging. It weighed a ton, but it served me well, for a lot of gigs. I got rid of it, because I wanted more gain, and ended up going the Mesa Boogie route from 1995 until 2000. I miss my old Classic 50 sometimes, but then I remember how much of a hassle it was to lug from my car to the stage.

I also had a Gorilla I bought new shortly before I graduated from college in 1987, for $100. Yep, what they wrote in the Gorilla ads back then was true - nothing screams like a Gorilla!

While I didn't have a Dual Showman, I did have a blackface '65 Showman, that I gigged with in a band back in 1990. Because it was basically a Twin Reverb in a head form, without the reverb, that thing was CLEAN sound-wise. Even if you cranked it up to 10 (when it was downright deafening), all it did was sound a little gritty. But it sure took pedals well. I got rid of it, because, it wasn't very linear volume-wise. At 1 or 2 on the volume control, I could hardly hear myself on stage. When I turned it up above 2 volume-wise, everybody complained that I was too loud! Ugh! It was all or nothing.

Yes the '90s Peavy Classic 50 with 4-10" speakers and a slew of EL-84s and a fan. Sixty-six pounds for $660.00 out the door. I was working in a music store and we got Guitar Player magazine some time before they went on sale, so I got the inside scoop on what was new. When I read the review, I got on the phone and called another store with which I did business and ordered one immediately. I did the same for my original Music Man 112RD65, my original Rockman, and later my Rockmodule.

And those Showman amps were wonderful. I played through a friend's Showman with the 1-15" JBL quite a bit. It was especially nice because of the tilt-back legs, IMHO one of Leo's best inventions. You're totally right about the volume controls; a big reason I like to use a Scholz Power Soak to get a little finer range on the volume aspect!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Yes the '90s Peavy Classic 50 with 4-10" speakers and a slew of EL-84s and a fan. Sixty-six pounds for $660.00 out the door. I was working in a music store and we got Guitar Player magazine some time before they went on sale, so I got the inside scoop on what was new. When I read the review, I got on the phone and called another store with which I did business and ordered one immediately. I did the same for my original Music Man 112RD65, my original Rockman, and later my Rockmodule.

And those Showman amps were wonderful. I played through a friend's Showman with the 1-15" JBL quite a bit. It was especially nice because of the tilt-back legs, IMHO one of Leo's best inventions. You're totally right about the volume controls; a big reason I like to use a Scholz Power Soak to get a little finer range on the volume aspect!
    Mine was the 2X12 version (I usually prefer 12s over 10s), with the blonde tweed covering (if I remember right, they also made a black tweed covered version back then - the Guitar Player review Classic 50 was in black tweed). When I used the dirt channel, my Classic 50's gain was dimed, and I ran the master volume at 7 - yep it was quite loud (blame it on "Bonzo Jr.", our drummer with the hammer hands). Like I said, it weighed a ton, but still a great amp. The only amp I had that weighed as much or more, was the Mesa Boogie Maverick 2X12 I had for a while in the late 90s (I should have kept that one - it was like a supercharged Vox AC30).

User Info Menu

Sunn alpha 112r
    Carvin SX100
    Fender Deluxe Reverb vintage 1968
    Fender Super Champ XD
    Fender Mustang I
    Fender Champion 50XL

The 19lb. Fender Champion 50XL is the only amp I've used for over 80 rehearsals, gigs, and jams, since I got it last winter.

User Info Menu

OK - I'll play:

Fender '59 Bassman RI
    Fender Custom Vibrolux
    Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
    Fender Pro Jr.

70s Peavey Backstage 30
    Tech21 Trademark 30
    Danelectro Nifty Fifty
    Kustom Sienna 35

Fender Mini-Bassman (LOL)....

User Info Menu

Peavey Classic 30
    Boss Katana 100w Combo ver.1
    iK iLoud - plug in the iPad for amp sims. Use it for back porch jams.
    frequently play with just headphones through the iPad

Probably sell the Katana this year. Jonesing for a Tonemaster twin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Fender Princeton Reverb II, which I use every day. I too do not have enough space for another.
    I had the Rivera PRII in the early-80s that I just loved. Sometimes people criticize them but I loved that amp. I recorded a Christmas album in 1983 with a jazz group I was touring with. Played a 335 through it. We were listening to it today and my son (who's a musician and music major in college) commented on the tone. Great amp!

User Info Menu

Sold This Year:
    1966 Fender Princeton non-reverb
    Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue
    1968 Fender Twin
    2012 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Keeping:
    Fender '65 Princeton Reissue (with 12" Jensen)
    Quilter 101 Reverb (with Raezer's Edge Stealth 10" cab)
    Fender Tweed Deluxe

Considering:
    Roland Blues Cube Stage 60 or Hot

User Info Menu

1. Kemper Profiler
    2. Dr. Z Maz 8
    3. H&K Grandmeister 40
    4. Traynor Acoustic Master Custom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SkipBurz
    I had the Rivera PRII in the early-80s that I just loved. Sometimes people criticize them but I loved that amp. I recorded a Christmas album in 1983 with a jazz group I was touring with. Played a 335 through it. We were listening to it today and my son (who's a musician and music major in college) commented on the tone. Great amp!
    I was delighted to hear jzjazz playing through his PRII in concert. I am sure we would all like to hear your Christmas album. I have often wondered how a 335 would sound through my amp.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    I was delighted to hear jzjazz playing through his PRII in concert. I am sure we would all like to hear your Christmas album. I have often wondered how a 335 would sound through my amp.
    It was 37-years ago (which sounds like such a long time!). I bought the amp new at Thoroughbred Music in Tampa, FL. Back then, I was playing a '67 335, most of the time on the neck pup. I could get a nice full clean tone out of the PRII without too much break up by playing around with the master volume. I never messed with the push-pull tone controls nor would I switch to the "lead" channel very often. There's a lot of hate on some forums directed at this amp because it's such a different circuit from a classic PR. (Fender probably should have named it something else.) However, it always served me well. I remember that our sound man/road manager was with me when I bought it. Chances are he pushed me toward this model because of the direct out, which sounded good enough for me to send straight to the house, although we would put a SM57 on it as well.

User Info Menu

Clearly, none of you own enough guitar amps.
    You need one of these, in fact, you need this very amp:
    Fender BF Princeton Reverb clone w/12" & 35 watts of power

User Info Menu

What bunker is this amp located in? 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,or 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Clearly, none of you own enough guitar amps.
    You need one of these, in fact, you need this very amp:
    Fender BF Princeton Reverb clone w/12" & 35 watts of power

User Info Menu

I'm down to 4 bunkers. The PR clone is in #1, with a few other regular rotation amps, as per the picture.

User Info Menu

Is that the Walter Becker sale catalog on top?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    I'm down to 4 bunkers. The PR clone is in #1, with a few other regular rotation amps, as per the picture.

User Info Menu

One`s too many and a hundred `s not enough... Roland mobile cube Cube 30 Cube40 The Bud Little Jazz Quilter Avaitor 8 George Prototype The Quilter is most Fender like. The george is more like a Marshall. Both the last two can get very loud if necessary,,No mre tubes .In the last 25 yrs no one has been able to tell the difference between this one"the george "and atube amp... Mickmac

User Info Menu

Sort of just one guitar amp, quilter micropro 200

I also have a Roland micro cube up in the mountain cabin, so I guess that sort of counts.

I have a Carvin BX micro bass amp it is really quite good, but I only use that to play bass.

99% of the time I'm playing the quilter or the bass amp.
    Attached Images Attached Images How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-20191226_090827-jpg 
    Last edited by fep; 12-26-2019 at 01:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mickmac
    One`s too many and a hundred `s not enough... Roland mobile cube Cube 30 Cube40 The Bud Little Jazz Quilter Avaitor 8 George Prototype The Quilter is most Fender like. The george is more like a Marshall. Both the last two can get very loud if necessary,,No mre tubes .In the last 25 yrs no one has been able to tell the difference between this one"the george "and atube amp... Mickmac
    Can you give us your take on the Little Jazz vs the Bud? Thanks!

User Info Menu

To my defence: all bought used and/or as restoration projects at bargain prices. The only amp I bought new is the AER Alpha and that was by far the most expensive amp. For what I paid for all these amps together I could perhaps just afford to buy a 1965 Deluxe Reverb (this is for in case my wife ever reads this :-)

The grey Framus amp (late 60ies Strato 345) gets the most use nowadays.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SkipBurz
    I had a Rivera era Princeton Reverb II amp. It was a great amp! The only reason I got rid of mine was due to the fact that at the time (1990), it was looking like 6V6 tubes were going extinct, and I didn't want to deal with the problem of retubing it down the road, especially since one of the 6V6s in mine, was starting to get iffy. I wouldn't mind another Princeton Reverb II, but they're going for a quite a bit more nowadays, than I paid for mine.