Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 410

User Info Menu

Tube Amp:
    Brunetti Singleman 15

Solid State Amps:
    Yamaha G100-115 II
    Polytone Minibrute I (early 80s)
    Yamaha G100-112 II (at family home on East Coast for when I visit.)

All used for home/practice/recreational purposes. The Brunetti sounds the best to me, but I use the solid state amps often. The Yamaha followed by the Polytone.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice stuff!
    What is that cute little light brown amp on the right resting proudly on the stand?

User Info Menu

I'm pretty light on amps. Guitars are another story.

Boss Katana 100 Watt Head
    1974 Fender Pro Reverb 40 watt
    Elite Acoustics EAE- A4 Acoustic/Nylon Amp
    Fargen Mini Plex Mark II
    Sans Amp Trade Mark 10
    Kemper Profiler.

User Info Menu

Four and I feel like that is probably two too many. But I haven’t the heart to get rid of them.

Rivera Jazz Suprema 50. Majestic sound. Just amazing. A bit heavy for me, so doesn’t leave the house much, unfortunately. Has to be a special occasion to risk the back.?

Henriksen JazzAmp Ten that I like to partner with an RE Stealth 10. In stereo, it gives the Rivera a run for its money. And, if I don’t go the stereo route, simple to grab and go like the AER. Unless I am plugging an acoustic in, it’s going out with me more and more.

AER Compact 60 3. Has traditionally left the house the most since I can carry it and my guitar in one trip. I love that convenience. But since the Ten arrived, it’s going out less and less. But with two inputs, quality of sound, and light weight— it’ll never get sold.

AI Clarus 2R paired the same RE Stealth 10. I rarely use this anymore, but see no reason to sell it.

User Info Menu

Quilter 101R
    Deluxe Reverb
    Supro 1x8
    Roland Microcube
    ZT Lunchbox

The quilter gets the most play and is my every day amp. Deluxe needs to be retubed. Supro isn't loud enough to play with others, but is cool in the studio. Microcube gets used once in a while outside/on trips. ZT is pretty much just a backup.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sergio.bello
    1) Fender Twin Reverb '65 RI
    2) Mesa/Boogie Lone Star
    3) JazzKat

I have many different guitars (and guitar configurations), and these amps handle them all really well.
    I recently sold a Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 100 - just not for me...

Next target - I think - an AER Compact 60.

Well: this is my first post - IIRC - after years of mere lurking. Great forum, full of interesting and competent people.

I hope to contribute something back, in a way or another...

Sergio

User Info Menu

Two:
    Carr Rambler for all my gigs, any style of music. It's a rare gig that I don't get compliments on my tone from other guitar players, but really it's simple. A good guitar into a good amp, clean technique, and go easy on the effects.

Quilter Aviator 8" for rehearsals.

User Info Menu

1) Marshall Plexi 100w (backup head); 2) Marshall 50w Plexi ('63); Basketweave cab (4-12" Celestions); 3)original Brownface Vibroverb (64?); 4)TV-Front Tweed Fender Deluxe

(5C3) with field-coil spkr; 5)DRRI; 6)Red-knob Princeton 65 (ss); 7)BF Fender Vibro Champ; 8,9) two Kustom Tube 12As; 10) Original tweed Jazzcat; 11) Traynor YCV40 in Wine

Red/matching extension cabinet/1-12' Celestion; 12) Acoustic Image Series III combo (300w); 13) Silvertone 5w, 6" spkr (tubes); 14) Ibanez Tubescreamer Amplifier (5w,

spring reverb, Tubescreamer built in); 15) Traynor Quarterhorse (25 w micro amp); and arriving just today, a 16) Danelectro Honeytone practice/headphone amp (mighty

cute,and good sounding).

Gone but not forgotten: SF Princeton Reverb; two BF Deluxe Reverbs; first-run Peavy Classic 50, Classic 30; original Gorilla amp (savage FET tone); Dual Showman Reverb

and enormous cabinet loaded w/2/15"JBL D-120Fs; two Tweed Champs; a Superbeatle; Marshall Studio 15; and most of all, a first-run Music Man 112RD65. Not an

exhaustive list by any means, but indicative.
    Last edited by citizenk74; 04-24-2022 at 10:51 AM. Reason: never mind

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Thank you, citizenk74.
    And, your amp list is overwelming... I dare not think about the list of guitars

User Info Menu

Just two:
    Evans RE200 (single 10, 200 watts)
    Quilter 101R into an Eminence Alpha A 10" but am building an Ear Candy 1x8 (another Eminence Alpha) clone to reduce size and weight further.
    I also have an extra cabinet with another 10" Alpha A that goes with the Evans but I only used I t to play steel which I don't do any more.

All I need for sure

User Info Menu

3. JMUL - I’d sell it but no one will give me anything for it. I use it for my daily practice amp.

Princeton 65 RI

DV Mark Jazz head with a Earcandy 1x8 cab.

User Info Menu

Fender Pro Junior III
    AI Clarus 2 (with RE Nighthawk 110 cab)
    Henriksen 110ER
    Musicman 210 HD 130
    DV Mark Little Jazz
    Polytone Minibrute 1x12
    Schertler Giulia
    Roland Microcube RX
    Yamaha THR10C
    Randall RG -30

Ridiculous number of amps now that I think about it. I should sell 1/2 of them.
    But many of them are not worth much money, and really they all work great so why bother?

User Info Menu

'76 Vibrolux
    65 Amps Tupelo
    Supersonic 22
    Mission 5e3
    Crate VC508
    SWR California Blonde

....and a dead Pro Jr in the closet.

I need space and need to sell a couple.

User Info Menu

Fender SuperSonic 22 (with upgraded speaker, NOS tubes, kick back legs)
    DV Mark Little Jazz
    Mustang Mini (for off of the grid playing)

User Info Menu

My main amp is an AC15. I also own a THD Univalve and a ZT Lunchbox.

A little Fender Tweed series: Champ, 5E3, 5E5A (all DIY)

Line6 Powercab (digital)
    AER compact mobile

But since last year I play full digital with the Line6 HELIX modeler.

User Info Menu

- Bugera V5 Infinium, (I never thought it can be so incredible for its price)
    - DV Mark Jazz 12 (as it turned out the 12 inch speaker is too bassy for my taste, The little jazz would be the better choice...

Tube Amps:
    GLB Sound GIG50R head +Jensen P12Q
    Port City Merino head + 1x12OS WGS G12CS

SS Amps
    AI Clarus 2 R + RE Stealh 12 and RE Twin 8 Light Weight

Modeling
    Line 6 HX Stomp + PowerCab 112 Plus

User Info Menu

How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-my-amps-jpg

User Info Menu

5 seems to be a popular number here.

Mine are:

1. Boss Nextone - underrated, but holds up well in comparison to Fender ToneMasters
    2. Laney L5 Studio - nice low wattage tube amp with great connectivity
    3. DV Mark Litlle Jazz - 'nuff said
    4. Fishman Loudbox Mini
    5. Yamaha THR 5A (redundant after purchase of #4 - going on sale in New Year).

User Info Menu

I have two amps I use:
    1. A Fender Blues Jr. for practicing at home, recordings and small gigs
    2. Fender "Custom" Vibrolux. It lives at our rehearsal studio and is used for rehearsals, recordings and gigs

That said I often use what is provided at the gig: Blues Jr, Hot Rods, Peavey etc. Give me a good clean tone, preferably of the fender variation and I'm ready to go.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    1) Marshall Plexi 100w (backup head); 2) Marshall 50w Plexi ('63); Basketweave cab (4-12" Celestions); 3)original Brownface Vibroverb (64?); 4)Wide-panel Fender Deluxe

(5C3) with field-coil spkr; 5)DRRI; 6)Red-knob Princeton 65 (ss); 7)BF Fender Vibro Champ; 8,9) two Kustom Tube 12As; 10) Original tweed Jazzcat; 11) Traynor YCV40 in Wine

Red/matching extension cabinet/1-12' Celestion; 12) Acoustic Image Series III combo (300w); 13) Silvertone 5w, 6" spkr (tubes); 14) Ibanez Tubescreamer Amplifier (5w,

spring reverb, Tubescreamer built in); 15) Traynor Quarterhorse (25 w micro amp); and arriving just today, a 16) Danelectro Honeytone practice/headphone amp (mighty

cute,and good sounding).

Gone but not forgotten: SF Princeton Reverb; two BF Deluxe Reverbs; first-run Peavy Classic 50, Classic 30; original Gorilla amp (savage FET tone); Dual Showman Reverb

and enormous cabinet loaded w/2/15"JBL D-120Fs; two Tweed Champs; a Superbeatle; Marshall Studio 15; and most of all, a first-run Music Man 112RD65. Not an

exhaustive list by any means, but indicative.
    With regards to the first run Peavey Classic 50 - I assume you don't mean the 70s era Tweed Classic Peaveys (and I think that was only a 100 watt amp - they didn't make a 50 watt version), and you mean the 90s era Classic 50? I had a 1993 Classic 50, and it was quite the workhorse amp for gigging. It weighed a ton, but it served me well, for a lot of gigs. I got rid of it, because I wanted more gain, and ended up going the Mesa Boogie route from 1995 until 2000. I miss my old Classic 50 sometimes, but then I remember how much of a hassle it was to lug from my car to the stage.

I also had a Gorilla I bought new shortly before I graduated from college in 1987, for $100. Yep, what they wrote in the Gorilla ads back then was true - nothing screams like a Gorilla!

While I didn't have a Dual Showman, I did have a blackface '65 Showman, that I gigged with in a band back in 1990. Because it was basically a Twin Reverb in a head form, without the reverb, that thing was CLEAN sound-wise. Even if you cranked it up to 10 (when it was downright deafening), all it did was sound a little gritty. But it sure took pedals well. I got rid of it, because, it wasn't very linear volume-wise. At 1 or 2 on the volume control, I could hardly hear myself on stage. When I turned it up above 2 volume-wise, everybody complained that I was too loud! Ugh! It was all or nothing.

User Info Menu

1) Carvin AG100D - by far most used for gigs, guitar and bass...

2) Roland JC-120 - least used, haven't turned it on in years

3) Peavey Special 130 - next to my desk, sounds great, haven't gigged with it, sure has a lot of volume potential

4) Peavey Studio Pro - use for teaching, at a music store

5) Fender bassman compact - at music store for teaching nowadays, gigged with it a bit 10+yrs ago

6) Fender superchamp xd - at church

7) Danelectro nifty seventy - use for teaching different store

8) Honeytone n10 - under desk, for fun

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Between my wife and myself, 10. (Heads and combos, not counting several speaker cabs.) Too many, would really like to pare it down a bit.
    Whoops, forgot one. Make that 11.

User Info Menu

1. Palmer Fat 50 (a powerful german tube amp with great clean sound!)
    2. Polytone Mini Brute II
    3. DV Mark Little Jazz
    (4. Blackstar Fly; for travel practicing)