The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Posts 276 to 300 of 410

User Info Menu

Fuchs Overdrive Supreme/Bassman head conversion - Dumble inspired tones on a budget. These are a great deal you find one second-hand. I use this with a THD 2x12 cab.

Dr. Z Z-Lux - It's like a giant Deluxe Reverb. I have a Brake Lite attenuator installed in this one.

Boss Katana 100W MKI

Fractal Audio FM3 w/Headrush 108 FRFR

DV Mark Little Jazz

I can cover all the bases with these, but I haven't turned on anything besides the Little Jazz in months.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just sold two amps, a Fishman Loudbox Mini and a Yamaha THR10, so I now own six:

Recent SS:
    Boss Katana Mini
    Henriksen The Blu 6
    Mark Acoustic AC101H

1960s tube:
    Gibson Falcon
    Fender VibroChamp
    Danelectro Amp-in-Case

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by screamtone
    Fuchs Overdrive Supreme/Bassman head conversion - Dumble inspired tones on a budget. These are a great deal you find one second-hand. I use this with a THD 2x12 cab.

Dr. Z Z-Lux - It's like a giant Deluxe Reverb. I have a Brake Lite attenuator installed in this one.

Boss Katana 100W MKI

Fractal Audio FM3 w/Headrush 108 FRFR

DV Mark Little Jazz

I can cover all the bases with these, but I haven't turned on anything besides the Little Jazz in months.

User Info Menu

I have NONE !

Gave my 2 fender super reverbs to my "strapping" adult son years ago..

I use a fender mustang micro bluetooth to computer....most if not all venues have decent amps nowadays..

Ray

My count is a little crazy. I have three. The last one I bought is an Alvarez MD60CE. I bought it almost a month ago and haven't even touched it yet although I want to very much. The problem is it is at my brother's place about 5 hours away. I hope to go see him in May and I will get to pick it up and bring it home.

The two others are a Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin and a George Lowden Artisan 12 string. I would be interested if anyone else has one or has played one of these. They are pretty rare and I may have the only one in Canada. It was made in the mid 80's but is in fantastic condition.

User Info Menu

4 right now

73 pro reverb
    76 Champ
    Victoria Club Deluxe
    Mesa mark IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EastwoodMike
    3 and counting-

Way loud: Matchless Sc-mini (6w class A)
    Loud enough: AER compact 60 solid state

And realistically used about 90% of the time: Yamaha THR10c

been thinking too long and hard on a quilter version. MP2 8” perhaps or if a Mach3 8” came along…..
    Update:
    Matchless and AER still.
    Yamaha THR 10C still here but now lives in my Son’s room
    New- TCBam200-
    Either headphones or more commonly off the 8ohm Celestion Greenback in the matchless. The Bam is a Great grab n go option for when you are headed someplace with a Cab.
    EM

User Info Menu

I have a Chinese Tweed Champ now ... two tubes only, with a pcb board and a SS rectivier.

with a 8" Celestion eight-15 ceramic speaker - my absolute nightmare.

works surprisingly well, a good match for my laminate Gibsons.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    1) Marshall Plexi 100w (backup head); 2) Marshall 50w Plexi ('63); Basketweave cab (4-12" Celestions); 3)original Brownface Vibroverb (64?); 4)TV-Front Tweed Fender Deluxe

(5C3) with field-coil spkr; 5)DRRI; 6)Red-knob Princeton 65 (ss); 7)BF Fender Vibro Champ; 8,9) two Kustom Tube 12As; 10) Original tweed Jazzcat; 11) Traynor YCV40 in Wine

Red/matching extension cabinet/1-12' Celestion; 12) Acoustic Image Series III combo (300w); 13) Silvertone 5w, 6" spkr (tubes); 14) Ibanez Tubescreamer Amplifier (5w,

spring reverb, Tubescreamer built in); 15) Traynor Quarterhorse (25 w micro amp); and arriving just today, a 16) Danelectro Honeytone practice/headphone amp (mighty

cute,and good sounding).

Gone but not forgotten: SF Princeton Reverb; two BF Deluxe Reverbs; first-run Peavy Classic 50, Classic 30; original Gorilla amp (savage FET tone); Dual Showman Reverb

and enormous cabinet loaded w/2/15"JBL D-120Fs; two Tweed Champs; a Superbeatle; Marshall Studio 15; and most of all, a first-run Music Man 112RD65. Not an

exhaustive list by any means, but indicative.
    2022 Update : Luckhurst Princeton tribute amp. Twelve inch Weber with a magnet the size of a pizza. Thirty-plus watts. Lush reverb and sweet, sweet tremolo. Vootie!! Also, Vibroverb refurbed electrolytics. Many, many pedals. Many. Goin' nuts, here people!
    And loving it!

Damn seeing als these pictures I probably should get a few more amps, i only have one!! A polytone mini brute

User Info Menu

All you need is one good amp. You already have one. Enjoy

Tim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seventhchord251
    Damn seeing als these pictures I probably should get a few more amps, i only have one!! A polytone mini brute

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BreckerFan
    4 right now

73 pro reverb
    76 Champ
    Victoria Club Deluxe
    Mesa mark IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steadfastly
    My count is a little crazy. I have three. The last one I bought is an Alvarez MD60CE. I bought it almost a month ago and haven't even touched it yet although I want to very much. The problem is it is at my brother's place about 5 hours away. I hope to go see him in May and I will get to pick it up and bring it home.

The two others are a Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin and a George Lowden Artisan 12 string. I would be interested if anyone else has one or has played one of these. They are pretty rare and I may have the only one in Canada. It was made in the mid 80's but is in fantastic condition.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Thank you! Happy to be here among fellow guitar nerds

User Info Menu

I have 1 guitar amp (dvmark gh250) and 1 bass amp (markbass big bang).

Using my fractal FM3, i have little need for multiple guitar amps.

User Info Menu

I guess I’ve become a vintage Fender guy in retirement…

1962 Fender Princeton (6g2)
    1964 Fender Princeton non-reverb (AA 964)
    1957 Tweed Champ (5f1 kit)
    Quilter 201

User Info Menu

4 at the moment
    Fender Champion 100
    Roland Micro cube
    Roland Bolt -60 (1982) a 60 watt refurbished
    Bugera G20

User Info Menu

only one, my faithfull Laney VC15R with Jensen Spk

User Info Menu

Trending topic on the The Gear Page: Which amps best pair up with PRS guitars?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    Trending topic on the The Gear Page: Which amps best pair up with PRS guitars?
    In my experience, all of them. Specifically: Marshall Plexis, Black, Brown, and Tweed Fenders, Music Mans, Peaveys, Traynors, Acoustic Image Corus IIIs, Jazz Kats and likely others. Other amp manufacturers might want to ship me samples for field testing. I could make room in my busy schedule. As a public service.
    Last edited by citizenk74; 07-08-2022 at 03:00 PM.

User Info Menu

4 amps:
    2 Laney VC30-210's
    1 Fender Champ 12 (modified})
    1 Fishman Loudbox 100

All are tube amps except for the Fishman.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blkjazz
    1. Fender Mustang III Ver 2
    2. Fender Twin Reverb 65 RI
    3. Fender Deluxe Reverb 65 RI
    4. Crate 60
    5. LAB Series L5

I mostly use the Mustang these days. It has been years since I moved the Twin or the Deluxe. I sometimes will take the little Crate to a rehearsal. The LAB L5 has been sitting in my garage for over 20 years. The reverb on it went out in the late 80s. I'd like to get it cleaned up and working but I never seem to get around to it. I'm probably going to use the Deluxe more. It has a C Rex speaker and is a really great sounding amp.
    Update: Last Friday I added a Tone Master Twin Reverb. The Mustang III is on vacation. How Many Guitar Amps Do You Own?-fender-tone-master-twin-reverb-64-335-reissue-jpg
    Last edited by blkjazz; 07-17-2022 at 10:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Great Amp!

User Info Menu

Roland Blues Cube.