Faves?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Roland Micro Cube
    Fender Champion 20
    Traynor YGL 1
    Fender ‘57 Custom Champ
    Henriksen Blu

Both tube amps are class A. The YGL 1 will do any style. The Custom Champ is just plain fun. I’ve only had the Blu for a couple of months. I wish I had bought the Henriksen long ago.

User Info Menu

I have 2. Vintage47 Ric Supreme and DV Mark Little Jazz 12".

User Info Menu

Three:
    Fender Concert ii (1982, Rivera era)
    ZT Lunchbox Acoustic; 2-channel version, includes mic channel w phantom power
    Center Point Stereo Spacestation v.3. Aspen Pittman creation; Takes stereo input > M-S process > mid and side speakers for spatial projection

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tnelson
    Three:
    Fender Concert ii (1982, Rivera era)
    ZT Lunchbox Acoustic; 2-channel version, includes mic channel w phantom power
    Center Point Stereo Spacestation v.3. Aspen Pittman creation; Takes stereo input > M-S process > mid and side speakers for spatial projection

User Info Menu

If x = the optimum number of amps you own and y = the number of amps you currently own, then x = y + 1

User Info Menu

I am currently down to 2...Fender Champion 20, which I find surprisingly nice at home for only $100, and a Quilter Tone Block 200 into a Fender Bassbreaker 112 cab.

User Info Menu

Hi!

I own three:

1. DV Mark Jazz 12
    2. Watson XR15
    3. Electro Harmonix Headphone amp.

1. is now my main amp. 2. I never use anymore. 3. Gets used a lot at night at home.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sicourtjon View Post
    Hi!

I own three:

1. DV Mark Jazz 12
    2. Watson XR15
    3. Electro Harmonix Headphone amp.

1. is now my main amp. 2. I never use anymore. 3. Gets used a lot at night at home.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post
    Roland Micro Cube
    Fender Champion 20
    Traynor YGL 1
    Fender ‘57 Custom Champ
    Henriksen Blu

Both tube amps are class A. The YGL 1 will do any style. The Custom Champ is just plain fun. I’ve only had the Blu for a couple of months. I wish I had bought the Henriksen long ago.
    I just ordered a tweed deluxe from Trinity Amplifiers (Brighton Ontario just down the road from me). The build will be finished in 4 weeks. I love tweed amps. Can’t wait.
    Tim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donplaysguitar View Post
    Faves?
    Sorry about the delay. I haven't been on this site for a while.

It's tough to pick favorites. If I were to do so, I'd have to say that the tube amps (Heritage and Rivera) are the best in that they provide the biggest range in tones from jazz thick to brighter cleans. The Rivera is possibly the most versatile of the tube amps in that it has a push-pull mid knob that allows for a substantial alteration of the mid character allowing the amp to sound more acoustic. It's a feature that I use more often than I initially thought I would.

Of the solid state amps, I'd pick the Evans over the Acoustic Image or Polytones. The Evans has a great balance between thick mids and brilliant highs.

User Info Menu

1. Vox AC15 - almost always use the normal channel.
    2. Roland JC-40.
    3. Vox MV50 AC - Tiny amp that sound great with speaker cabs or with headphones.
    4. ZT Lunchbox - I have the original with the horrid sounding "reverb". Incredibly versatile amp that sound great with guitars, basses, and keyboards.
    5. THD Univalve - Currently sporting a KT66. Great for rock sounds and I love the ability to switch power tubes.

User Info Menu

Three amp here:

-Traynor Quarter Horse one of the first amps in a pedal

-Fender Super Champ X2

-Vintage 47 Twin: Octal Amp, hand wired, 22w RMS-Thanks Steve Wooley!
    Last edited by Doug B; 10-18-2021 at 01:22 PM.