The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 32

User Info Menu

Greetings all,

I recently purchased a 2016 Comins Concert model and could not be more impressed. This guitar is truly amazing in both tone and playability. I find it to be extremely comfortable to play. The neck profile is the best I've ever touched--comfortable and no hand fatigue even after playing several hours. The Kent Armstrong pickup provides a wide range of tone and in coordination with the 2.5" depth and 16" lower bout width can produce tones ranging from more traditional (warmer) to more modern (brighter).

I am truly impressed. Bill's guitars are amazing and given his very reasonable pricing a fantastic bargain for such fine instruments.

New (to me) Comins Concert 16" - Wow!-cominsconcertincase2-jpgNew (to me) Comins Concert 16" - Wow!-cominsconcertmodel-jpg

Best to all,

Chris

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That’s a beauty! Bill does great work. I played a used 7 string he had for sale, at the Jimmy Bruno clinic a few years ago. He had built it for a customer who was having a new guitar built. I don’t even like a 7 string, but this was the best guitar I’ve ever played.

User Info Menu

As good as it gets!

User Info Menu

Beautiful! We need a shot of the back/sides!

User Info Menu

I've owned one of these in the past. A joy to play and to look at. I am addicted. Another one due in June next year. Enjoy!

Cincy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Beautiful! We need a shot of the back/sides!
    Thanks! Here are some shots of the back and sides.

New (to me) Comins Concert 16" - Wow!-cominsbackandneck-jpgNew (to me) Comins Concert 16" - Wow!-cominsback-jpgNew (to me) Comins Concert 16" - Wow!-cominsside-jpg

Chris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy2
    I've owned one of these in the past. A joy to play and to look at. I am addicted. Another one due in June next year. Enjoy!

Cincy
    Great decision, Cincy! Bill's guitars are simply amazing. Can't wait to to see pics of yours in June!

User Info Menu

Beautiful! Congrats!

User Info Menu

Gorgeous!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Gorgeous!!
    Thanks, Rob!

User Info Menu

Gorgeous Comins. We just know that it sounds wonderful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Gorgeous Comins. We just know that it sounds wonderful.
    Thanks! It does indeed sound wonderful! I actually took two extra vacation days next week just so I can play it all day. Can't get enough.

User Info Menu

A beaut!I have played archtops from nearly all of the better known American builders, but have never been in the same room as a Comins. I would love to change that someday. I've heard great things about Comins.

User Info Menu

That is sharp! I bet it sounds as good as it looks! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    That is sharp! I bet it sounds as good as it looks! Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    Thanks, k!

User Info Menu

WOW factor.....off the charts. A big Congrats !

User Info Menu

Happy NGD!!! Looks great and no doubt plays great.

User Info Menu

Some guitars sound good just lookin' at 'em!

Enjoy! What a beauty!

User Info Menu

Stunning looking guitar , Happy NGD hope that it gives you many years
    of joy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Stunning looking guitar , Happy NGD hope that it gives you many years
    of joy.
    Thanks, silverfoxx!

User Info Menu

Congratulations on your Comins....

I know Bill for about 8-years now and aside from making me two wonderful archtop guitars we have become friends. Not only does Bill have a great design sense and is a master craftsman, but he is also a great guitar player! I believe that this provides him a player’s insights that I believe many other luthiers miss in their instruments.

Here’s Bill playing a Christmas song medley on one of his Salutation models:

Here is a solo arrangement of But Beautiful

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Congratulations on your Comins....

I know Bill for about 8-years now and aside from making me two wonderful archtop guitars we have become friends. Not only does Bill have a great design sense and is a master craftsman, but he is also a great guitar player! I believe that this provides him a player’s insights that I believe many other luthiers miss in their instruments.

Amazing! I had heard that Bill was a player but had never heard him play until now. He is really quite good! I think you are right about "player's insights." The fretboard radius, the neck profile,--all of the elements of this guitar just make it so incredible easy to play. I can't put it down.

User Info Menu

Hey all of you fine folks with Comins guitars--let's see your photos as well! Feel free to post here in this thread.

Chris

User Info Menu

BTW, that’s my archtop (blonde 16”) on the stand to the right of Bill in the Christmas Medley video...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    BTW, that’s my archtop (blonde 16”) on the stand to the right of Bill in the Christmas Medley video...
    It's a beauty!