The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 16 of 16

User Info Menu

Just saw this at the local Costco, less than $50. "Type S" is an auto parts company, so this is billed as a "shop chair." It was comfortable and adjustable, and would make a great chair for guitar!

Another practice chair thread ..-seat-jpg
    Last edited by marcwhy; 12-15-2019 at 07:47 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Good deal. Thanks.

User Info Menu

I like the footrest. A portable/folding version would be awesome.

User Info Menu

A couple of years ago Costco offered another similar 'shop chair'. The back support is perfect. I got one for my vocalist wife as her practice chair, but it is perfect for guitarists.

User Info Menu

My feet go on the ground when I play. What advantage does a practice stool with no back support offer?

User Info Menu

i like my plain wood dining room chair, it's stable and doesn't make noise when i move around or record...
    i would love to get one of those herman miller aeon chairs for my home studio though

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Just saw this at the local Costco, less than $50. "Type S" is an auto parts company, so this is billed as a "shop chair." It was comfortable and adjustable, and would make a great chair for guitar!

Another practice chair thread ..-seat-jpg

My sister just bought my brother in law a couple of really nice DeWalt "shop chairs" for his birthday (He's an electrician, carpenter, basic all around build stuff kind of guy)

Anyway, I was out in the garage with him Saturday and he showed me the chairs, I sat down, and my first thought was "This would be a fantastic guitar chair."

User Info Menu

I was just about to start another practice chair thread...

I need something that doubles as a desk chair...I'm going back to school and my 10 year old $99 Staples special isn't cutting it for long study sessions.

Two Costco trips ago they had a nice (p)leather office chair...no arms which is nice for guitar playing, and it had a cool thing where the lumbar support shifted as you leaned back. But then last Costco trip it was gone and I can't find it on their website.

I saw those shop stools at Costco. I have been considering trying to fit a small tool box/workbench combo in my music room, and the stool would be nice for that. But I would still need a desk chair.

User Info Menu

Hey Ben,
    Yes, that's a frustrating thing about Costco -- an item is here today, gone tomorrow!

I invested in a nice practice room chair last year (birthday gift!) -- a Roc 'n' Soc drum throne -- which you can customize with back/foot/arm rests, casters, etc., whatever you'd like. Pricey, but oh, so comfortable! [I go between my music stand and a desk when working on stuff, and this works perfectly.]

User Info Menu

A stool type chair seems better for performing than practicing, at least to me.

I still like my nice piano bench more than anything else I've ever tried.

User Info Menu

I've had this for over a year now and I suspect I'll be using it for many years to come. It's remarkably well designed. (The Nota Standard chair by Wenger) Nota(R) Standard Chair - Wenger Corporation

Another practice chair thread ..-nota-standard-jpg

User Info Menu

I've used chairs like this for 20+ years, and they're so supportive, comfortable, and practical, that I've yet to find anything else that I could spend hours in playing with correct posture.

User Info Menu

I use a wooden straight back chair from Ikea, which I bought at the local thrift store for ~$5. Works for me.

User Info Menu

And then there is what happens when someone (me) is not as frugal as maybe common sense would dictate. That, and I'm a K&M fanboy finding their guitar, saxophone, microphone, and music stands all excellent products.

This is $240. Sorry! Something went wrong! The bolt on back is extra. Very comfortable, portable, very well made, and a foot rest is incorporated into the design. And yea.. expensive for what it is but will likely outlive me.

Another practice chair thread ..-guitar-chair-jpgAnother practice chair thread ..-guitar-chair-folded-jpg

User Info Menu

This is pretty much what Les Paul used until he left Wisconsin....

User Info Menu

I've been using this (with a cloth-covered seat) for years now as a stool on stage, got it used for around € 130,- which is a great deal for something this sturdy and well built - it even has a gas-powered height-adjustment ;-)
    All K & M stuff is pricy but it lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    And then there is what happens when someone (me) is not as frugal as maybe common sense would dictate. That, and I'm a K&M fanboy finding their guitar, saxophone, microphone, and music stands all excellent products.

This is $240. Sorry! Something went wrong! The bolt on back is extra. Very comfortable, portable, very well made, and a foot rest is incorporated into the design. And yea.. expensive for what it is but will likely outlive me.

Another practice chair thread ..-guitar-chair-jpgAnother practice chair thread ..-guitar-chair-folded-jpg