loaded with an Eminance Alphalite 6A neo speaker

It's plenty loud enough and puts out a nice clean robust sound
    I can punch through those fff moments
    and keep up with excitable drummers on funky things too
    Ive had it for a couple of weeks now , used it in a
    couple of different band setups and I can confirm that
    my quest is over !!

Note the whole rig weighs in at 6.5 lbs

yes you read that right ........... 6.5 lbs !

(for reference a Henriksen Blu Six weighs in at 12lbs)

It's so liberating being able to put my guitar bag
    and amp bag with spares , leads etc over my shoulder ...
    with little or no effort and just walk out like a horn player

no effort man , I love this rig

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks for the serve, Pingu! Yes, the TOOB Metro 6.5 range was developed for the urban warrior relying on public transit. Several prototypes have been in use by NY jazz guitarists and bassists since May. Three models will be available from January: GP (Guitar Ported), BG (Bass&Guitar) and FR (Full Range, Flat Response). Pingu's is actually a pre-production GP.

Production GP's will be loaded with a sweet-sounding Jensen C6V (max. 20W), which is enough for smaller gigs and, mic'ed, for Wembley. NY guitarist Greg Ruggiero does 6-8 gigs a week, smaller ones with a 6.5, major ones with a telescopic 10" TOOB fed from a 20W Joyo Bluejay amp. Finnish guitar legend Peter Lerche is currently on a concert hall tour using 2 x Quilter 101R/TOOB 10T in stereo for magnetic pickup and 2 x BAM 200/TOOB Metro 6.5GP (Jensen) for piezo.

The BG version houses a SICA 6 L 1.5 (130W) Neo woofer, which reproduces the bass's low E but extends to 4 kHz, making it great for jazz guitar as well.

The FR version, with a SICA 6 D 1.5 (130W) Neo woofer with a whizzer cone, extends to 15 kHz and works with anything from bass guitar to harmonica and violin. It should also serve as a light stage monitor for the modeling amp/IR community.

The TC Electronic BAM200 amp, despite its designation as a bass amp, is a great little Class D universal power amp with the three EQ shelves in the right places. Quilter's Interblock 45 is a great alternative.

If you are interested, just send me a private message. The Eminence GP version will not be offered through resellers, as it would become quite expensive against the Jensen/SICA versions. I'd be happy to make a special offer on it to Forum members.
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 12-16-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Modeling amp/IR comment added

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Thanks for the serve, Pingu! Yes, the TOOB Metro 6.5 range was developed for the urban warrior relying on public transit. Several prototypes have been in use by NY jazz guitarists and bassists since May. Three models will be available from January: GP (Guitar Ported), BG (Bass&Guitar) and FR (Full Range, Flat Response). Pingu's is actually a pre-production GP.

Production GP's will be loaded with a sweet-sounding Jensen C6V (max. 20W), which is enough for smaller gigs and, mic'ed, for Wembley. NY guitarist Greg Ruggiero does 6-8 gigs a week, smaller ones with a 6.5, major ones with a telescopic 10" TOOB fed from a 20W Yoyo Bluejay amp. Finnish guitar legend Peter Lerche is currently on a concert hall tour using 2 x Quilter 101R/TOOB 10T in stereo for magnetic pickup and 2 x BAM 200/TOOB Metro 6.5GP (Jensen) for piezo.

The BG version houses a SICA 6 L 1.5 (130W) Neo woofer, which reproduces the bass's low E but extends to 4 kHz, making it great for jazz guitar as well.

The FR version, with a SICA 6 D 1.5 (130W) Neo woofer with a whizzer cone, extends to 15 kHz and works with anything from bass guitar to harmonica and violin. It should also serve as a light stage monitor for the modeling amp/IR community.

The TC Electronic BAM200 amp, despite its designation as a bass amp, is a great little Class D universal power amp with the three EQ shelves in the right places. Quilter's Interblock 45 is a great alternative.

If you are interested, just send me a private message. The Eminence GP version will not be offered through resellers, as it would become quite expensive against the Jensen/SICA versions. I'd be happy to make a special offer on it to Forum members.
    Dreams are hard. Great to see you plugging away at yours. This seems like a great idea.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Jim! With 200 units built and in use in 15 countries, it's not just a dream anymore. The new 6.5" line will be shown at NAMM, at the SICA/Jensen booth. Those good people are welcoming artists to give the cabs a spin. I'll be there, too. I attach a photo of Peter Lerche's concert rig. He wanted some cosmetic changes. The Xmas tour with legendary singer/actor Vesa-Matti Loiri is pulling capacity crowds, up to thousands, to some of the country's finest venues.
    Attached Images Attached Images Baby TooB yeah !-toob-lerche-arsenal-jpg 
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 12-16-2019 at 10:33 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Thanks, Jim! With 200 units built and in use in 15 countries, it's not just a dream anymore. The new 6.5" line will be shown at NAMM, at the SICA/Jensen booth. Those good people are welcoming artists to give the cabs a spin. I'll be there, too. I attach a photo of Peter Lerche's concert rig. He wanted some cosmetic changes. The Xmas tour with legendary singer/actor Vesa-Matti Loiri is pulling capacity crowds, up to thousands, to some of the country's finest venues.
    That's great. It's really too bad that our timing didn't match up. You started to ramp up just as we were starting our grand adventures and now that we've actually settled in Mexico, I've leaned the hard way that importing gear is just fraught with too many obstacles to be worth the effort.