User Info Menu

Hi,

I Love my Gretsch Streamliner but the tuning pegs not so much, the G peg broke off anyway and I replaced it with a cheap crappy one to get through the gig but now I want to replace all of them, what do you suggest?

Grover?

Also, I want to change the nut to a bone one, any thoughts and advice greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
    Real Rob

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Real Streamliner from the '50s or newer Streamliner?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Real Streamliner from the '50s or newer Streamliner?
    Yep, because there's a big difference between the ones made in the 50s & 60s, and the current ones. The ones made in the 50s and 60s, used Waverly tuners.

Ellen

User Info Menu

first post...i'd assume he has new streamliner...grovers 102-18

IMHO, the stock tuners suck bad, so in searching for info about replacements I found the thread regarding the 2622 where it was alluded that Grovers may fit, but no one there had confirmed for sure. Based on that, I bought a set of 102-18's to try and I can confirm they are an exact drop-in replacement for the stock tuners.

for more info and pics check-
    G2420 replacement tuners | Gretsch-Talk Forum

cheers

ps- bone nuts are good...just make sure to have installed by competent repairman as the slots need to be filed just right!

Oh sorry I should have mentioned that, it’s a new one made in Korea:

Gretsch Guitars G2420T Streamliner Single Cutaway Hollowbody with Bigsby Walnut Stain | Guitar Center

Hey thanks for the info, I will order the Grovers, are these the ones?

Grover 102-18C Rotomatic 18:1 3 per Side Tuners, Chrome https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007ORM0K..._gsK9DbHHZFQY8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Real Rob
    Hey thanks for the info, I will order the Grovers, are these the ones?
    Grover 102-18C Rotomatic 18:1 3 per Side Tuners, Chrome Sorry! Something went wrong!
    Yes.