User Info Menu

It is my portable companion old Micro Cube.

It plays but no controls work (volume, tone, gain, effects, amps - nothing).. I can reduce volume only with guitar controls.

It seems like the sounds goes directly...

I am not good at electronics... what could it be? and how to fix it?

First I thought maybe there is some secret button I never knew about and I occasionally pressed it..) but I did not find anything like that

Thanks

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well that's weird.

Did you try pulling/replacing batteries? Do you have an AC adapter for it?

Does it sound "stuck" on whatever the last working sound was, or does it sound entirely different now?

User Info Menu

Thank you for answering, Jeff!

I tried averything you say -- batteries, adapter... and it sounded kind of 'stuck' - I can't say for sure but it was not much different from what I usually play..

I gave up but then suddenly it worked - just like that - I strummed a chord and all the effects, gain and other controls in different positions became active..

I have no idea what it was...

User Info Menu

I once had a similar thing happen to my Roland Cube 80XL. One day nothing worked when I turned it on all the indicator lights stayed on but no sound. Including all of the effects indicator lights, whether that effect was engaged or not.On closer inspection I noticed a sticky substance on the control panel. I think someone spilled a soft drink on the control panel. I cleaned off the control panel and worked the control knobs back and forth. I thought it was broke for good.A few days later I tried it again an every thing worked fine. I think it needed to dry out. That was about 5 years ago and so far it has worked flawlessly. I think these Roland Cube amps are indestructible.