Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

For the new Blog entry click here. I added some new pics of the guitar in the post.

DB

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is just awesome. I'm just giddy with excitement about this. You got to play a guitar used by WES MONTGOMERY. I have a few books from my Doktor Vater's library, with his annotations in them, and that thrills me. This... this is a whole other thing.

It also reminds me how sad it is that we can't track down Joe Pass's 1960's ES175.

That can be your next project!

User Info Menu

How cool!

Happy for you that you got to play such an iconic instrument. Downside is: you're spoiled forever...

User Info Menu

Funny how grain and tortoise PG's are like fingerprints. There's absolutely no doubt that those gits are one and the same.

User Info Menu

What severe damage did it have that required restoration?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    The "heart" guitar was also damaged by fire/smoke/water, and later restored by Gibson. Maybe both guitars were together?

PS - Here's another one:

The Mystery of Wes' Blonde L5-wes-jpg

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Woody Sound;994764]

The "heart" guitar was also damaged by fire/smoke/water, and later restored by Gibson. Maybe both guitars were together?

/QUOTE]

I also thought of that other one that was damaged ! I thought 'Damn, that's just a lot of bad luck to two different (significant) guitars, and the folks who owned them at the time."

User Info Menu

Sorry, but the owner does not want to share this type of information. Can't help you there Wintermoon.

DB

User Info Menu

By the way, with help of a French guitarist who sent me an article on this particular guitar, the mystery has been solved completely!

I'll have to write a new Blog entry for the final truth on this guitar. Coming up.

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DB's Jazz Guitar Blog
    By the way, with help of a French guitarist who sent me an article on this particular guitar, the mystery has been solved completely!

I'll have to write a new Blog entry for the final truth on this guitar. Coming up.

DB
    Looking forward to it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DB's Jazz Guitar Blog
    Sorry, but the owner does not want to share this type of information. Can't help you there Wintermoon.

DB
    That's pretty strange, but whatever....