User Info Menu

A friend of mine and I are racking our brains trying to get to get this to work and are looking for any insights. We have the PSU-Pre Power supply unit and the F-Pre pre-amp unit. We have it hooked up to a class D power stage and have determined that that is working properly. We have a loud 60cycle hum coming through the speaker, but no actual sound from guitar. Their documentation is not =very excellent.

Pre amp-
    Tube Preamp Kit: Fender-Style (North American sound) - London Power

Power supply-
    Tube Preamp Power Supply Kit - London Power Tube Amp Kits

If anyone has had experience with these or know of anyone that could provide insights, that would be great.

Jonathan
    Last edited by Jonathan Levin; 12-09-2019 at 06:44 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I would contact Kevin O'Connor directly.
    I found him to very helpful and enjoyable when I contacted him about one of his books.

Anyone build a London Power amp kit?-screen-shot-2019-12-09-5-27-47-pm-png

User Info Menu

I agree. O'Connor is a solid fellow and helpful.

User Info Menu

Thanks to both of you. The guy that is working with me is FAR more knowledgeable about this stuff than me. We've decided to try a new tube (12AX7) and replace one of the pots. When those arrive, we'll put them in. If no love, then we will go to Kevin O'Connor. Here are a few photos. I bought the Jensen Speaker from Vinnie(???) on this forum. I'd love to be able other something other than hum in the key of Bb.
    Attached Images Attached Images Anyone build a London Power amp kit?-img_4574-jpg Anyone build a London Power amp kit?-img_4572-jpg Anyone build a London Power amp kit?-img_4571-jpg 

User Info Menu

Just out of interest, which Class D stage did you use? And for power?