The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Anybody know of a compensated ebony/rosewood bridge that'll fit on TOM post spacing? 2-29/32" or 73.8mm. Thanks!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I"ve been frustrated with the same issue. The spacing is just enough different to make it very hard to find a good one.

User Info Menu

I had this issue with my Matsumoku Epi Emperor. It had the standard TOM bridge, same dimensions as a Gibson.
    Ended up buying an ebony saddle from JV guitars. Finding a saddle with the right post spacing etc. was difficult.

User Info Menu

It is really easy to take a small round file to the post holes of a wooden bridge saddle to make them a little elongated so that the saddle will fit TOM spacing. At least it has been for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buduranus2
    Anybody know of a compensated ebony/rosewood bridge that'll fit on TOM post spacing? 2-29/32" or 73.8mm. Thanks!
    I believe our very own forum member Matt Cushman can craft a custom ebony/rosewood bridge that will be accurately compensated if you send him your intonated TOM. He will copy the post hole spacing.
    His prices are very reasonable. He can also radius an attractive bridge base if you send him that as well.

User Info Menu

The ones sold by Sadowsky fits. Check their web site.

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    I believe our very own forum member Matt Cushman can craft a custom ebony/rosewood bridge that will be accurately compensated if you send him your intonated TOM. He will copy the post hole spacing.
    His prices are very reasonable. He can also radius an attractive bridge base if you send him that as well.
    Matt Cushman is the man! He made a beautiful compensated ebony saddle for my L5. Just send him a picture of the TOM.

Compensated archtop ebony/rosewood bridge saddle to fit Tune-O-Matic posts?-6da78ffa-0384-4e83-bbaa-5bf136fa8157-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I"ve been frustrated with the same issue. The spacing is just enough different to make it very hard to find a good one.
    Yes, I've found 74mm from India. Maybe they rounded up from 73.8? Also some delivery concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by entresz
    I had this issue with my Matsumoku Epi Emperor. It had the standard TOM bridge, same dimensions as a Gibson. Ended up buying an ebony saddle from JV guitars. Finding a saddle with the right post spacing etc. was difficult.
    I checked them out and all they had at the moment was a bone retrofit saddle. A little brighter than I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    It is really easy to take a small round file to the post holes of a wooden bridge saddle to make them a little elongated so that the saddle will fit TOM spacing. At least it has been for me.
    Afraid I'm not quite that handy.

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    I believe our very own forum member Matt Cushman can craft a custom ebony/rosewood bridge that will be accurately compensated if you send him your intonated TOM. He will copy the post hole spacing. His prices are very reasonable. He can also radius an attractive bridge base if you send him that as well.
    Thanks. I've already reached out to him based on your recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by oldane
    The ones sold by Sadowsky fits. Check their web site.
    I checked it out and was kind of underwhelmed. Wish he would have shown a side view. A little pricey too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    I've done this too, works great.

User Info Menu

Do you want one comp'd for a wound g, or a plain g?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Do you want one comp'd for a wound g, or a plain g?
    Wound. I'm using TI Benson 12s.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buduranus2
    Wound. I'm using TI Benson 12s.
    OK. I think I have a spare Sadowsky at home for plain G. That's why I never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    OK. I think I have a spare Sadowsky at home for plain G. That's why I never used it.