The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Listen to the L-5 at the 3:35 mark. Now that's a sweet sound at least to me.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Tim Pearce can make EVERY guitar sound sweet and lovely , he's got the hands, the ear and the heart but you're right, the combination of this player with that guitar is even more special..... it's also a sound that we don't hear so often these days. I remember David T. Walker and his Byrdland with slinky strings, Eric Gale on his Super-400, Louie Shelton, Arthur Adams, Benorce Blackmon (Bill Withers), Phil Upchurch - all players from the early 70's who are either retired or have gone on to greener pastures ....
    As soon as I can afford it I'll go look for (yet another) suitable archtop and set it up with 0.11 strings, a pinned bridge and maybe a
    Bigsby, would be so sweet for all the classic Soul/Motown/Philly tunes I love ! Thanks for posting this.

User Info Menu

I don't think I've ever heard an L5 sound so much like the neck pickup on a Stratocaster.

User Info Menu

how did the pu selector get mounted on the wrong bout?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    From the video:
    "...So much of it [L5] is not original, and it was very affordable and I'm lucky to have it..."

User Info Menu

I figured it started as an acoustic, then had the electronics added later, like my ‘39 L5P you helped me identify in 2016

User Info Menu

thanks guys I didn't bother to watch the whole thing...

User Info Menu

I noticed that too. I could almost live with a vintage L5C converted to a CES, but not when things have been put in the wrong places.
    Keith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitman
    Tim Pearce can make EVERY guitar sound sweet and lovely , he's got the hands, the ear and the heart but you're right, the combination of this player with that guitar is even more special snip>Thanks for posting this.
    oh yeah !
    is this the guy that posted a YouTube
    playing cues and playons for that awards ceremony
    yeah , he's wonderful
    must check him out more
    got SOUL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    I noticed that too. I could almost live with a vintage L5C converted to a CES, but not when things have been put in the wrong places.
    Keith
    It's funny how often they are, though. I've seen a few conversions with the four V & T controls all huddled together near the bridge. Not a good look; makes the wrong switch placement almost OK..