The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by archtops
    " If I recall, the conflict mentioned here arose from a situation where someone wanted to return a guitar for refund, but Joe was not available for several days, and then when he finally returned, the return window had passed. ICBW, but that is my foggy recollection.
    "

Woody,

We think it's important that foggy notions and third-hand rumors be corrected with actual facts, before they become hardened into the kind of toxic factoids that take on an insidious life of their own. I would ask all who participate in this forum to consider this fully before repeating this kind of stuff. And to remember you are talking about fellow humans here, with actual families, businesses and reputations, much like your own. We are not faceless corporations, and for those who insist on taking down small independent businesses that serve this community, you will have no one else to blame when Guitar Center is the last shop standing.

Anyone who's ever run a business knows that at the end of the day, there will always be someone who, for whatever reason, seems bound and determined not to be pleased. And when that happens, we'll move heaven and earth to make it right. And no matter what, we'll never stop trying.

Joe Vinikow
    archtop.com
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks Joe. As I mentioned, my own interaction with you was great. As I said, my recollection about that other incident here was foggy. So I found the thread. Turns out the situation was a slightly different, but still merits mentioning. Here is the thread, and the posts about the return dilemma are #6 & #44. By no means did I mean to harm your business. I was simply pointing out to the op, who asked for advice, why they should get everything in detailed writing, including detailed return info.

archtop.com

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Even though I've never played a LeGrande, I don't doubt that the workmanship and overall fit and finish are probably better. It really depends on what a particular person prefers, especially the neck/fretboard and tone. Tough decision no matter what.

User Info Menu

Hey Folks,

For anyone interested we wanted to let you know our consigner has instructed us to reprice the '81 Johnny at just $6495 for a holiday sale. If you've been tracking this model at this quality level, you'll probably agree with us that this is an outstanding value, in a top-shelf Gibson jazzer, in stellar condition.

Feel free to call at your convenience during business hours for more info, or a detailed in-hand demo, by phone, Facetime or Skype.

Happy Holidays!

Joe Vinikow
    archtop.com
    (info@archtop.com)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    I must say I would to see a picture of you guitars.
    from left to right: 1998 LeGrand, 1976 JS, 2013 LeGrand
    1981Gibson Johnny Smith or 1993 Le Grande?-dsc_2313-jpg
    Last edited by JazzNote; 12-13-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: corrected 1967 to 1976

User Info Menu

Yes, I am working on it. If I can ever figure out how to post pictures on this forum. When it comes to technology issues, sometimes I am not the brightest bulb on the holiday tree. For some of us of a certain age, this does not come naturally!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote
    from left to right: 1998 LeGrand, 1976 JS, 2013 LeGrand
    1981Gibson Johnny Smith or 1993 Le Grande?-dsc_2313-jpg
    Is that a12-pole pickup on the right, or just string reflection?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Is that a12-pole pickup on the right, or just string reflection?
    Yes, Kent Armstrong handwound 12.