Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Is anyone else here using one? I have demo’d the 6” Blu and was pretty impressed. I’m hoping the TEN is similar but with more headroom. Any thoughts?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am very interested in the new 10” amps. I was planning on buying a Blu this week, but I might wait to see a few opinions on the 10 first. I have a Benedetto Carino 10, which is essentially a Henriksen, and I love it. If the Blu 10 came with a gig bag I’d be all over it.

User Info Menu

The number two reason why I bought the original Bud 6" (tone and flexibility was no. 1) was it's size and weight. It really is THE perfect
    grab 'n' go amp for more than half my gigs. It sits ready to go in the roomy gigbag right beside a messenger bag with my Line6 Helix Stomp, some cables, a mini volume pedal - guitar in one had, two small-ish bags and that's it.
    I bet the 10" version is just as toneful and can pack even more punch down low !

User Info Menu

Well, I just bought a smaller Blu today. I’ve had minimal time to play with it, but I’m really impressed. Oddly, I don’t seem to notice much difference when switching the tweeter on/off. Perhaps it would be more noticeable up at head height and with the presence turned up, as those are the frequencies the tweeter actually responds to. I’m playing it on a carpeted floor. Bass coupling is definitely required with this amp. I’m going to have to build a 10” extension cab for it now, just for fun.

Krusty, I’ll be interested in your impressions after you get to use it a bit. I haven’t received any shipping info from Henriksen yet. I’m hoping it arrives next week. I’m really excited about trying it out.

User Info Menu

Something I learned very quickly is that if you try to EQ the amp and your guitar controls while sitting close enough to twiddle dials, you’re in for a very frustrating evening. Sit about 6 or 7 feet away at least. Sounds much clearer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krusty
    Well, I just bought a smaller Blu today. I’ve had minimal time to play with it, but I’m really impressed. Oddly, I don’t seem to notice much difference when switching the tweeter on/off. Perhaps it would be more noticeable up at head height and with the presence turned up, as those are the frequencies the tweeter actually responds to. I’m playing it on a carpeted floor. Bass coupling is definitely required with this amp. I’m going to have to build a 10” extension cab for it now, just for fun.
    Krusty,
    Please play it on a hard floor -- it's a completely different animal (in a great way)!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Krusty,
    Please play it on a hard floor -- it's a completely different animal (in a great way)!!
    I’m afraid that hard floors are in short supply at my house. At least for the time being. It will change sometime next year.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krusty
    I’m afraid that hard floors are in short supply at my house. At least for the time being. It will change sometime next year.
    You might consider trying the amp on a 12 inch by 12 inch piece of plywood (or whatever you have that is similar)
    if only as proof of concept.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greco
    You might consider trying the amp on a 12 inch by 12 inch piece of plywood (or whatever you have that is similar)
    Or something like the Gramma.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greco
    I have a spare piece of plexi from a large picture frame that I plan on cutting down to size to fit in my gear bag.