Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Anybody own one of these? Do you recommend it? Is it considered cheating if you wear it on a gig

    The World's First Wearable for Musicians: Soundbrenner Pulse - YouTube

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Anybody own one of these? Do you recommend it? Is it considered cheating if you wear it on a gig

    The World's First Wearable for Musicians: Soundbrenner Pulse - YouTube
    Yet another shit idea for the shit ideas factory that is modern music technology.

    Some modern drummers are apparently incapable of keeping time without a click so it may help them.

    As an antidote to this stupidness, here’s some Ginger Baker. Suggest using a metronome? You’d have come away with a broken leg at least:


  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    Only one man can be mentioned here along with Ginger Baker, John Bonham the greatest rock drummer

    Btw if anyone interested to hear swing Ginger Baker and Bill Frisell with Charlie Haden:


  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    I agree. But both were borderline insane.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    Only one man can be mentioned here along with Ginger Baker, John Bonham the greatest rock drummer


  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    Amazon.com: Peterson Metronome (BPS1): Musical Instruments

    And you'd be playing like Jack, not some whitebread wannabe...



  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Anybody own one of these? Do you recommend it? Is it considered cheating if you wear it on a gig

    The World's First Wearable for Musicians: Soundbrenner Pulse - YouTube
    So you'd be in time with yourself. What about the other players in the group? Time keeping is everyone's responsibility. Gizmo is OK for solo performers.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DRS
    So you'd be in time with yourself. What about the other players in the group? Time keeping is everyone's responsibility. Gizmo is OK for solo performers.
    Yeah it's ridiculous to wear it in a gig with other musicians. I was joking about "cheating".
    I was asking if people like it as a metronome design.

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    I bought one about a year ago for practice, thought the feel of the pulse might work for me better than an audible click. I was wrong. I do like their free android metronome app though. If you are in Toronto and still want one I’ll give you a good deal on my rarely-used unit.

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by pcjazz
    I bought one about a year ago for practice, thought the feel of the pulse might work for me better than an audible click. I was wrong. I do like their free android metronome app though. If you are in Toronto and still want one I’ll give you a good deal on my rarely-used unit.
    What kind of pulse, is it electric? (I do not want this stuff)

  11. #10
    I'm a metronome nut. I don't like to use apps, I like dedicated metronomes. I even made a tone-wood casing for a mechanical metronome once.
    I was itching for a new toy, I ended up ordering one of these:
    BOSS - DB-90 | Dr. Beat

    One thing frustrates me about "non-app" metronomes is that don't go below 30bpm. Yes you can subdivide but sometimes I practice using one click a bar (or two bars). 30bpm is too fast some things
    With DB 90 you control the volume of each beat and accents. So you can only let the accents sound (the first beat) and go down to 30bpm. Now that's slow.
    It's also a small guitar amp, for quiet practice and traveling. It's a drum machine as well. Last but not the least it's got AC ADAPTOR input. No more dying batteries in the middle of practice sessions.

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    What kind of pulse, is it electric? (I do not want this stuff)
    Any combination of audible, visual, tactile.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
    What kind of pulse, is it electric? (I do not want this stuff)
    It gives electric pulse when the user is out of time.
    Last edited by Tal_175; 12-05-2019 at 01:24 PM.

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    The problem is confusing metronomic time with good time.

    I mean, yeah, practice with a metronome. But being able to keep time with a metronome is the beginning, not the end. The idea of using a metronome on a jazz gig gives me the shudders. Recipe for disaster.

  15. #14

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    It gives electric pulse when user is out of time.
    oh yeah I’ve seen those.

    Wearable Metronome-01076d97-ed8d-4aa5-aaad-0f626e8c3ee0-jpg

  16. #15
    Joking aside, a metronome that only gives indication when the user is out of time can actually be very useful.
    It would start with a polite reminder of time in the first violation. Subsequent violations would increase the pain level. Potentially causing permanent damage to prevent user from ever performing in the extreme cases.
    Well I did say joking aside but got carried away.

  17. #16

    User Info Menu

    First wearable metronome - the shoe, put it on and tap your foot as needed.

  18. #17

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    It gives electric pulse when the user is out of time.
    Perfect for teaching students with lack of rhythm feel