The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

New D'Angelico Excel-20191121_130952-jpg
    New D'Angelico Excel-20191121_130921-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Happy New Guitar Day - play her in good health!

User Info Menu

Beautiful. Tell us more! How do you like it?

Is this new new? I believe the new models come with SD pickups instead of KA, is that what you have?

User Info Menu

With that back and all, it's picture-perfect! (Drool) With those proven specs, it's basically as good as the PU. I hope there are no Devils lying in the details.

User Info Menu

Looks fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by blille
    Beautiful. Tell us more! How do you like it?

Is this new new? I believe the new models come with SD pickups instead of KA, is that what you have?
    I like it a lot yes it comes with SD pickup which sounds great plugged in. Unplugged it is quite loud it surprised me in its volume almost as loud as my dreadnought. I have to get used to the 25.5 scale length its more if a stretch. Cosmetically it's very beautiful. I love the uncluttered look of the top. And it is brand new

New D'Angelico Excel-20191121_145610-jpgNew D'Angelico Excel-20191121_145622-jpgNew D'Angelico Excel-20191121_145636-jpgNew D'Angelico Excel-20191121_145651-jpg

User Info Menu

Stunning! Just imagine what that headstock alone would cost with a Made in USA sticker.

User Info Menu

Had my Excel SS for awhile now. Great neck. Finish has held up well. Hardware is doing fine. D'A Excel range is a pretty good guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    Had my Excel SS for awhile now. Great neck. Finish has held up well. Hardware is doing fine. D'A Excel range is a pretty good guitar.
    +1, they're all under appreciated gits for sure.

User Info Menu

Mighty pretty guitar! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Todd
    I like it a lot yes it comes with SD pickup which sounds great plugged in. Unplugged it is quite loud it surprised me in its volume almost as loud as my dreadnought. I have to get used to the 25.5 scale length its more if a stretch. Cosmetically it's very beautiful. I love the uncluttered look of the top. And it is brand new
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    With that back and all, it's picture-perfect! (Drool) With those proven specs, it's basically as good as the PU. I hope there are no Devils lying in the details.
    Doesn't appear to be any devil's yet. Had it plugged in twice now and sounds like a dream.

User Info Menu

Congratulations. I’m sure it sounds as good as it looks.

Just lovely! Congrats, HNGD and play her in good health!

User Info Menu

Lovely guitar! Congrats! I'd really like to hear her in a video, especially the acoustic tone

Here it is unplugged

User Info Menu

VERY cool! What's the neck like on it (slim, chunky, etc.)?

Ellen

It's a 25.5 scale length c shaped 16" radius but width 1.6875". It feels good to me but I'm used to a 24.75 scale length but I love the guitar it's not going anywhere lol