The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    Howdy.
    Im replacing the cracked cream rings for black ones.
    I’ve tried DiMarzio and CreamTone but both rings are not as wide as the original (there is a gap between the ring and pup hole).
    Does anyone know where I can get a ring that is just a hair wider then these replacements to take care of this issue?
    Also the CreamTones sit a little slanted.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Wider pickup rings?-49249861-6089-4d35-8e48-48035c0bcaba-jpg Wider pickup rings?-2e63edfb-e2f0-4e19-a081-baff8cdcbcc0-jpg Wider pickup rings?-0d52265a-e7cd-4b06-bc39-5fec1c2be6e1-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What make and model of guitar?

69-73 Gibson ES-150d

User Info Menu

I like the ebony pickup rings from Luthier's Mercantile. They're a little longer and thicker than the cheap plastic ones, and while it's work to shape them to perfectly fit a top, it's worth it if you really care. I think rings come in different sizes, though, so look carefully at stated dimensions.

User Info Menu

Here is a thought.

Why not make a flat plastic cover to go under the pickup cover a little larger than the cover and fit to the pickup, hiding the opening.

Careful work with a x-acto knife should do it.

Plastic sheets of all sorts can be found here.

https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-plastic-sheets

Thanks for the responses. I’ll look into that Mercantile. As for the plastic under piece, I’d rather not rig it like that. I’d like it to look and be as it should.

User Info Menu

Search The link shows as just Search, but it's Luthier's Mercantile, pickup ring search results.
    There are several pages of pickup rings, of various materials. If you keep clicking through, you'll get to plactic rings, which are much cheaper. Check the sizes, and measure against your guitar. LMI lists the dimensions of their rings. Whether you need tall or short depends on your guitar. Allparts and many other places sell pickup rings, but don't give the measurements. Guitar Parts Factory gives the dimensions of some rings, and they're inexpensive. I use them for lots of things.
    Guitar Parts Factory: Plastic Pickup Rings