Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 26 of 26

User Info Menu

Heritage has long been on my short-list/wish-list, so when this popped up in a local auction site I had to pounce. (There is no dealer for these in NZ and you rarely see anything Heritage for sale 2nd hand).

This one was made in 2004 and comes with HRW (Heritage Rendal Wall) pickups, a nice bonus. Looks like it was left sitting in its case for the last few years, so I’m sending it off to a repair guy for some much needed TLC.

Initial impressions: that maple Heritage H-575 (I’ve always loved Heritage’s almond sunburst); pleasing acoustic voice (even with dead strings); and maybe the best neck I’ve ever played, just a perfect full C for my hand; some fret ends could have been finished to a higher standard, but that’s about the only gripe.

Last edited by Dedalus; 11-06-2019 at 02:10 AM.
    Jared

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Not bad... but what's up with that headstock?

Kidding! Absolute beauty, Jared. Congrats!
    Jay

'boobadoobadoobaooababop!'

Quote Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
    Heritage has long been on my short-list/wish-list, so when this popped up in a local auction site I had to pounce. (There is no dealer for these in NZ and you rarely see anything Heritage for sale 2nd hand).

This one was made in 2004 and comes with HRW (Heritage Rendal Wall) pickups, a nice bonus. Looks like it was left sitting in its case for the last few years, so I’m sending it off to a repair guy for some much needed TLC.

Initial impressions: that maple Heritage H-575 (I’ve always loved Heritage’s almond sunburst); pleasing acoustic voice (even with dead strings); and maybe the best neck I’ve ever played, just a perfect full C for my hand; some fret ends could have been finished to a higher standard, but that’s about the only gripe.

Hey Jared it’s Jared here. Nice name and nice rig . How do they compare to Gibson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful guitar and woods. When you find a neck you like, nothing beats the value/quality of a Heritage. Gongrads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu View Post
    Not bad... but what's up with that headstock?

Kidding! Absolute beauty, Jared. Congrats!
    Thanks, Jay. Had to sacrifice the Kingpin...and finesse my better half, but totally worth it.
    Jared

User Info Menu

Absolutely beautiful. Stunning. Pay it with much joy!
    - Lawson
    "Whenever you come near the human race, there's layers and layers of nonsense." - Thornton Wilder, Our Town

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silvertonebetty View Post
    Hey Jared it’s Jared here. Nice name and nice rig . How do they compare to Gibson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Jared (even spelt correctly).
    Dunedin doesn’t have much in the way of guitar stores, so comparisons are difficult.

Like any brand, when I’ve played Gibsons in the past, they’ve ranged from superb to blah.

This plays better than the Godin Kingpin II I sold in order to rationalise it to my partner. Heritage H-575

It’s finished slightly better IMO, and definitely inspires more noodling on the couch (though the Godin was a very nice guitar).

I also have a late-80s Terada-made Ibanez thinline AC-100. TBH, that guitar is finished to a higher standard than the H575 in one area (again, it’s only some fret ends as you travel up the neck that require some filing/polishing).

Despite this, when I pick them both up I feel as though the H575 neck is simply on another level. Perhaps it’s just how well it fits my hand. And I was already a fan of the HRW pickups thanks to Rich Severson’s videos on YouTube.
    Last edited by Dedalus; 11-06-2019 at 06:34 AM.
    Jared

User Info Menu

The sunburst looks good enough to eat. Nice body shape. The maple figure looks spectacular. Play it in good health.

User Info Menu

Lovely guitar. Had one for years and miss it.

User Info Menu

Beautiful congrats. Nice sunburst. Is it Almond Sunburst?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 73Fender View Post
    Beautiful congrats. Nice sunburst. Is it Almond Sunburst?
    Yeah, I think so. You see similar colours referred to as “antique sunburst”, but I’d call this almond. There seems to be some variation in both.
    Jared

User Info Menu

Gorgeous guitar! Congratulations, and play it in good health!
    Best regards, k

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silvertonebetty View Post
    VERY nice 575, L-O-V-E that TP!

I have its twin! AFAIK, Gibson doesn't have any git now or in the past like a 575.
    Regards,

Gary

User Info Menu

Beautiful flame and color. +1 for me, the neck and fretboard are the single most important issues in a guitar.

User Info Menu

May she inspire your playing for many years to come! Frets are like tires on a car. They need periodic attention.

Nice looking headstock BTW (some of us like the Heritage headstock.)
    .................................................. .......................................
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass

Lovely! Congrats, HNGD and play her in good health!
    Midnight Blues

User Info Menu

H-575's are great archtops! Yours is beautiful. Play it in good health.

User Info Menu

Beauty!

Everytime I play my 575 I'm reminded that it really is all the guitar I need.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

--The Ghost of Duke Ellington

User Info Menu

Nice guitar! Heck yeah! Congrats!
    "You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet

User Info Menu

Has anyone compared H575's with spruce tops and maple tops? Heritage offers both types and they are carved. Mimi Fox model I think is spruce. Most people seem to get the maple model, why is that?
    I've never played a Heritage archtop. Another question I have is, are they more lightly build than Gibson's? Or are they sort of between Eastman's and Gibson's with that respect?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175 View Post
    Has anyone compared H575's with spruce tops and maple tops? Heritage offers both types and they are carved. Mimi Fox model I think is spruce. Most people seem to get the maple model, why is that?
    I've never played a Heritage archtop. Another question I have is, are they more lightly build than Gibson's? Or are they sort of between Eastman's and Gibson's with that respect?
    Here I am taking Donna Lee about 2o bpm higher than I have any business doing.

Anyway, it's a pretty good representation of what this guitar sounds like unplugged. It sounds better like this than it does when you're playing it, too. I've heard the spruce models are much livelier acoustically.

Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    Here I am taking Donna Lee about 2o bpm higher than I have any business doing.

Anyway, it's a pretty good representation of what this guitar sounds like unplugged. It sounds better like this than it does when you're playing it, too. I've heard the spruce models are much livelier acoustically.

Sounds good. You used your pinky like 4 times. At this point it's a realistic goal for you to play Donna Lee entirely with 3 fingers

User Info Menu

Sounds good. You used your pinky like 4 times. At this point it's a realistic goal for you to play Donna Lee entirely with 3 fingers
    In my top 5 favorite players are Django, Charlie Christian, and Grant Green. Screw that pinky
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

i'm a frettin pinky guy..always made it a priority since beginning guitar long ago..thought it was the way to go...but hard to argue against those that didnt/couldnt...django!! invented his own style..and the later players..leslie west!! one of the sweetest smoothest benders of all time in rock genre..

its not what you have, its what you do with it!!

cheers

User Info Menu

No artistic choice from me, just lazy as a teen and never developed it. Never even noticed I wasn't using it, really.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

The H-575 is all maple as standard. That’s why you see many more of them than spruce tops.

There are H-575 Customs with various changes made, occasionally with spruce tops, block inlays, fretboard binding, etc. Simply fewer of the customs out there. You’re right about the Mimi Fix model having a spruce top.
    Jared