The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I just bought from a fellow forum member (other forum) and friend a gorgeous ’64 Tele. Yesterday all I could do was to take her home. Today I have taken the time to set her up and get to know her.

She’s one of the most beautiful teles I’ve ever set my eyes on. The body is a stunning blonde, with wonderful wood grain and a few dings that – to my eyes – only add to the charm. The dark and smooth board earned her the nickname “Chocolate” (short form: Coco). The neck is all I hoped for. A big “C” tapering from .83” at 1st fret to a nice full .97” at the 12th… it closely resembles the neck of my AV 65 Strat, which I love. The guitar was set up very well by my friend's tech. All I did was lower the action a tiny little bit to make it play a bit softer (she has some fight in her, this one, and I like that too). The pickups were set low, which gave her a beautifully airy and sweet tone. Just to even the output with my AV52, I raised them and now she has a very interesting sound: in your face and wiry, yet sweet if you want it to be. Only mod in sight – I might want to put a nice quality 1-ply guard in there.

I had the opportunity to play it with a friend, with the 52 (him) and the 64 (me) in the same amp. In this way, I could appreciate the subtle but significant difference between the two teles… can’t say which I love more. They are different and I have the feeling that now I have the two quintessential teles in my stable. I’m in love. It’s another lifer. The only slightly sad thing is that my little red Baja 60s will have to go, but that’s another story, for another thread…

Where was I? As yes: pics! Here she is, smothered in case candy (thank you Mimmo!) and with her American Vintage sisters!

(Edit: sorry for the sideways pics but there was no way to convince the forum app to post them straight )

1964 Fender Telecaster-img_6797-jpg
    1964 Fender Telecaster-img_6810-jpg1964 Fender Telecaster-img_6812-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images 1964 Fender Telecaster-img_6808-jpg 
    Last edited by radiofm74; 11-05-2019 at 06:05 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful! Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Congratulations. Love blonde teles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedalus
    Congratulations. Love blonde teles.
    Me too, as you can see

User Info Menu

Very nice. I love that finish with the rosewood board. There is a used American Pro Tele in my local GC in blonde with rosewood board that I’m fighting the GAS for. I’ve also heard great things about the 64 pickups.
    Enjoy.

User Info Menu

Congratulations!

User Info Menu

Nice guitars and nice Tremolux, I have a 1964 Tremolux that was my first and will probably be my last amp.
    Thanks john

Quote Originally Posted by powerwagonjohn
    Nice guitars and nice Tremolux, I have a 1964 Tremolux that was my first and will probably be my last amp.
    Thanks john
    Mine is also a 64 and I love it to bits!

User Info Menu

Long may she run! Congrats.

Nice and nice triplets too! Congrats, HNGD and play her (them) in good health!