The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 67 of 67

User Info Menu

How does it compare to the Harmonic Design Z90? Am interested in both.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Creamery has more thunk, the Z90 more clarity. Both are excellent pickups, and I'd be happy to stick with both in the future.

User Info Menu

Thanks, useful reply. I think I'm going to contact Harmonic Design - wonder if the pole pieces can be staggered (if necessary)....

User Info Menu

I can't remember.

User Info Menu

How would you compare them to the bare knuckle humbucker style p90's? I'm looking for a darker thunk, so I am apprehensive about single coils, but to be fair I do not know much about pickups.

User Info Menu

Hi Rob! I don’t see this humbucker on the website. Do you know if it has been discontinued, or perhaps sold out? Beautiful tone! Thank you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Hi Rob! I don’t see this humbucker on the website. Do you know if it has been discontinued, or perhaps sold out? Beautiful tone! Thank you!
    Rob's link works for me.

Custom Handwound Replacement Vintage and Modern Humbucker Pickups: Charlie Christian - Humbucker Size

The pickup is still in the range, though you can't add it (or any of the pickups there) to the cart until the order book re-opens later this month.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Rob's link works for me.

Custom Handwound Replacement Vintage and Modern Humbucker Pickups: Charlie Christian - Humbucker Size

The pickup is still in the range, though you can't add it (or any of the pickups there) to the cart until the order book re-opens later this month.
    Thank you!

User Info Menu

There's nothing like reviving a nearly 3 year old thread.

But in this case, I was searching the forum for information on an Eastman 503, as I'd just purchased the AR503 as a budget guitar. And darn if the search box didn't lead me here! And where was I when Rob was blasting out the finest CC tone from an arch top that I never considered? Well, better late than never.

So soon as Jaime is taking orders again I'll be placing one.

And I also just purchased, a real find for me as these have become harder to locate, an Eastman AR610CE. A 17" x 3.25" arch top featuring a spruce top with a mahogany back and sides, featuring a rosewood fretboard and trim. What can I say, Eastman prices, from what they were, have gone through the roof, and the price on this one had me breaking out the wallet. I'm looking forward to playing this guitar!

Cheers!

User Info Menu

2B, I ordered a CC pup from Creamery before Christmas, got it quickly but haven't had a moment to get it fitted to my Ibanez AF 2000 - I'm no handyman, for sure. It's here in front of me...I must get organised! It's my favourite pickup.

Yes, the 503 with a Creamery CC is a great combo!
    Last edited by Rob MacKillop; 07-11-2022 at 04:15 PM.

User Info Menu

It is great to see Rob MacKillop back in the forum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    2B, I ordered a CC pup from Creamery before Christmas, got it quickly but haven't had a moment to get it fitted to by Ibanez AF 2000 - I'm no handyman, for sure. It's here in front of me...I must get organised! It's my favourite pickup.

Yes, the 503 with a Creamery CC is a great combo!
    Thank you for replying Rob! I’m waiting for Jamie to open the store reportedly mid July. Can’t wait to sample his CC humbucker in the AR503ce.

You’ve got more skills than me if you’re installing it yourself. Hat’s off to you!

User Info Menu

I wonder if I should replace the single neck humbucker in my 2010 L-4CES with the Creamery CC.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    It is great to see Rob MacKillop back in the forum.
    Amen to that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I wonder if I should replace the single neck humbucker in my 2010 L-4CES with the Creamery CC.

No reason not to try as long as you do reversible. I.e no wire cutters involved =)

User Info Menu

Is the Creamery CC single coil like the other CC pups despite being humbucker-sized?

User Info Menu

Yes. And these days it looks more like a CC casing.