The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I had a MM Axis. It was a really high quality guitar that played and sounded great.
    I never tried to play jazz on it, though.

User Info Menu

Specs look good. There are no "jazz guitars." You can play jazz on anything you like. If you like a guitar and it stays in tune and inspires you to play, it's a good guitar. Have fun!

User Info Menu

Don't get along with their Tiny Necks!

User Info Menu

Don't remember their "tiny necks' but it's been many moons since I've been able to hold one.

The ones I tried were very nice indeed, but i'm past planks (& purchases) now.

Like 'da Man said, "Have Fun!"

User Info Menu

AKA Eddie Van Halen model

User Info Menu

Music Man is not the first top of line guitar I think of in this price range.. I would pick a Tom Anderson/Suhr..and even Carvin..these brands will do a custom build ..dollars willing..

When the needle goes past 2500..the more I want close to perfect..Had a very bad experience with Fender top of line Elite model -- $2200 with tax..so well known brand names may not be
    the best choice..now Im sure Fender Custom shop can build whatever you want..as they have for some top players

All in all..you HAVE to play it before you buy it..as the many factors that make us feel connected to a guitar begin with those first sounds and many other subtle things that make a guitar go home with you.

User Info Menu

Kinda pricey for a flat-plank-bolt-on-neck. But if the neck and fret work are outstanding....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Kinda pricey for a flat-plank-bolt-on-neck. But if the neck and fret work are outstanding....
    Maybe not kinda pricey, IMO it's outrageous.

A friend bought this arched top (not flat) "Douglas" tele from Rondo for under $200, the neck happens to be very good but even the best electronics package or replacement neck is not going to cost anywhere near the price of that Ernie Ball.

How about this Guitar?-douglas_tele-jpg

User Info Menu

Doesn't PRS have this market wrapped up??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    Doesn't PRS have this market wrapped up??
    I was unaware that PRS had any market wrapped up, well maybe the bird inlay market is theirs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    I was unaware that PRS had any market wrapped up, well maybe the bird inlay market is theirs.
    Does someone else sell a larger quantity of expensive non-Gibson solidbody guitars than PRS?

User Info Menu

Here's a gentleman playing a Ernie Ball Music Man Axis:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo
    Does someone else sell a larger quantity of expensive non-Gibson solidbody guitars than PRS?
    I never knew anyone who owned one, or seen one on stage so I'll take your word for it.