The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

This one is incoming at this point. It does have a story.

It was built in 2014 and was built to the specs of a life long player who recently passed. His close friend of 45 years helped him order it. The fretboard is ebony with block inlays and f hole and headstock binding. The headstock has MOP inlays. The pickguard is basic but solid wood.

The owner's friend has 60 guitars and is also a veteran player. He was performing in a band since 8th grade and recently was inducted into the Western Swing Hall of Fame! He started out with blues and Charlie Christian. So it was really interesting talking to him. https://www.westernswingsociety.net/index.html

The owner's widow seems like a very nice lady, not just polite but a bit transcendental. The vintage sunburst finish is stunning and one of my all time favorites.

The owner's friend, Conrad, has bought and sold many, many instruments. He plays mandolin, guitar, upright bass, and steel guitar. He was told when he was a kid to keep his day job, which continues to serve him and his family well. But he's had one hell of ride playing.

Heritage H-530 tricked out-vmaiiestzgt0tdfdzdnn-jpgHeritage H-530 tricked out-tteuvq1erbccpts6qepf-jpgHeritage H-530 tricked out-uuk3ksjpgywnjrprgirc-jpgHeritage H-530 tricked out-ogkgqlcxuu5bqyg6tfug-jpgHeritage H-530 tricked out-px1klxu2th0stfdtzhxz-jpgHeritage H-530 tricked out-njo0udr9ejnqeisaw1y3-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Really nice. Lovely story.

User Info Menu

FYI:

WHAT IS WESTERN SWING MUSIC?

Western Swing Music is a division of the American phenomenon known as jazz. Many elements of musical roots are combined to form Western Swing music including blues, dixieland, ragtime, big-band, swing, country, pop, and breakdowns.

Jazz music is typically defined by its use of improvisation. This means the featured instrumentalist delivers a continual reinterpretation of the melody being presented. Western Swing music relies also on improvisation. Therefore, Western swing music is a form of jazz with heavy accent on the beat and its dance ability.

The history of Western Swing Music can be endlessly debated. However, our research concludes That the Artform was rooted in the Southwestern Region of the United States, in and around Texas and Oklahoma. In its early development stages, it took on a consistent and uniform sound, pioneered by Bob wills, Milton Brown and their many associates during the 1930's.

Well this ain't Miles Davis!

User Info Menu

Congratulations MG!
    I'm guessing you'll get some nice tones with those P90's!

User Info Menu

Awesome H530 with an equally awesome back story! Play it in good health.

User Info Menu

I tried a 530 once and wished I had grabbed it. Excellent guitar.

User Info Menu

i'm looking at one now, let me know how you like it, and what the neck is like

User Info Menu

Nice guitar! Congratulations. I like the P90's also.

User Info Menu

That's a beauty! Nobody does sunbursts like Heritage. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

MG,
    That 530 is really a very nice looking axe. I personally like the neck joint at the 19th fret for upper fret access, a thinline for comfort, and a hollowbody for weight and tone. It checks a lot of boxes for me.

Have you ever A-B'd a Heritage 530 and a Gibson 330 for tone? I believe the Gibson 330L is no longer available, but I don't know if Gibson's current offering with a neck joint at the 16th fret makes much difference in tone.
    Chuck

User Info Menu

You had me at western swing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by es34569
    MG,
    That 530 is really a very nice looking axe. I personally like the neck joint at the 19th fret for upper fret access, a thinline for comfort, and a hollowbody for weight and tone. It checks a lot of boxes for me.

Have you ever A-B'd a Heritage 530 and a Gibson 330 for tone? I believe the Gibson 330L is no longer available, but I don't know if Gibson's current offering with a neck joint at the 16th fret makes much difference in tone.
    Chuck
    I have not A/B'd the guitars but have owned both. The Heritage is slightly thinner, an 1/8th inch as I recall.

I do remember having the chrome pickup covers on the 330 I owned. I did not like them. They showed every fingerprint. Further, replacing them with plastic added more tone.