Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 82 of 82

User Info Menu

Thanks for kick-starting this entire thread, Lawson. I started a thread today - trying to choose between the Twin and the Deluxe versions. I know either would be good, but the Twin's attenuator clinches it for me.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Thanks for kick-starting this entire thread, Lawson. I started a thread today - trying to choose between the Twin and the Deluxe versions. I know either would be good, but the Twin's attenuator clinches it for me.
    The Deluxe has the attenuator as well. The back-panel "extras" are common to them all. XLR out with 3 models, line out level knob, attenuator. Perfectly chosen additions, IMHO.

User Info Menu

Hmm…

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Hmm…
    You can really make the decision just like you would in "real (tube) life." Go for the tone you want. The 6V6 tone of the Deluxe, or the 6L6 tone of the Twin. The twin is great for clean headroom and moving lots of air. Funny, but even on the lowest 2 levels of the attenuator, I think those two 12" speakers still add a wonderful dimension or depth to the tone. Quiet, but BIG. Kind of like a giant whispering... Love the Twin here. It's becoming my go-to for everything. Great for recording, quiet for practicing, and if I ever play "out" it can handle any size room. What's not to like!

User Info Menu

I've just paid for the Twin!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Wow pleasantly surprised to hear that the TMTR was #2. I need another amp like I need a third nose, but I’m mighty tempted.
    Ummm. A *third* nose? Sorry for the late response by a couple of years...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    Ummm. A *third* nose? Sorry for the late response by a couple of years...
    If I don’t need two noses, I definitely don’t need three.