User Info Menu

I got to wondering if anyone is using a Junior Barnyard with a Strat, Tele, Les Paul,etc. Would the tone change much from normal? I'm using 12-54 flats on a custom walnut strat type.

Thanks

Doug
    Last edited by Doug B; 10-18-2019 at 08:51 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    I got to wondering if anyone is using a Junior Barnyard with a Strat, Tele, Les Paul,etc. Would the tone change much from normal? I'm using 12-54 flats on a custom walnut strat type.

Thanks

Doug
    I've used a Tele with a Lollar CC pickup into the Junior Barnyard with a neutral solid state power amp --- it sounds fine but doesn't get the '40s pizzazz of a 17" archtop with Dearmond reissue.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pcjazz View Post
    I've used a Tele with a Lollar CC pickup into the Junior Barnyard with a neutral solid state power amp --- it sounds fine but doesn't get the '40s pizzazz of a 17" archtop with Dearmond reissue.
    Thanks, Pcjazz. Trouble is if I could afford a good 17" archtop, I wouldn't be asking about the Junior Barnyard!

Oh well....Time to start saving.

User Info Menu

I've played my tele copy through the JR Barnyard, and it does alter the tone, much like the way it does with an archtop, but not quite the same. Close enough, maybe. Turns out I don't use the pedal as much as I thought I would, so it's mostly just sitting around now. I'm just not that big a fan of the tone when it's my playing. It's okay for the occasional tune, but not all the time.

User Info Menu

I use mine with archtops as well as solid body guitars (Telecaster and Gibson Les Paul Recording)
    It adds that slight octal tube growl to whatever you plug into it. The Les Paul sounds particularly good with it.

I often run it clean too, I like how it gently attenuates the high end and low end, as well as adding a bit of compression.