The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27
    Quote Originally Posted by sbeishline
    This pedal is intriguing..

Curious from the users, what would adding the Kingsley do to the sound going into a Quilter 101R through a Cannabis Rex speaker?
    I've not used my Kingsley preamps in front-of-amp mode, if that's what you're asking. My guess is that it would be like a boost/maybe overdrive pedal however the Quilter preamp voicing would be dominant due to its position in the signal chain.

Alternatively, you could run the Kingsley right into the fx return on the Quilter in which case the Quilter's preamp is bypassed completely so the sound would be pure Kingsley preamp hitting a clean ss power section then your speaker.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by LimehouseBlues
    I've not used my Kingsley preamps in front-of-amp mode, if that's what you're asking. My guess is that it would be like a boost/maybe overdrive pedal however the Quilter preamp voicing would be dominant due to its position in the signal chain.

Alternatively, you could run the Kingsley right into the fx return on the Quilter in which case the Quilter's preamp is bypassed completely so the sound would be pure Kingsley preamp hitting a clean ss power section then your speaker.
    The kingsley maiden into a quilter will make the quilter sound like a fender amp. The kingsley excels at clean. It's not just a boost or overdrive pedal. In fact, the maiden is more of a clean pedal than anything else.