The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 56 of 56

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Manzer
    Tim’s guitar is a one piece back and the body has my “wedge” design so the body is slimmer under your arm and wider on the knee. This helps with ergonomics of the right arm. The Charlie Christian PU was custom made by Lollar. I loved how it sounded. And yes Tim is a wonderful guy and his soulful playing reflects that. It was a wonderful experience to work with him.
    Hi Linda; welcome to the Forum!

If you don't mind me asking, I'd like to know what was the price Tim's instrument cost him.

If for privacy reason you don't wanna/can't give the exact price, a ballpark number will suffice.

Thanking in advance,

Yours very truly,

LtKojak aka Pepe Bloise
    Milano, Italy

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt
    Many factors at play with the price. It's made in Canada for one. Ever done business there? I have. Many things are more expensive. Somebody has to pay for all those social programs.

That said,
    Comparing a master built, hand-carved, acoustic archtop, with a machine made, bolt on neck, cheap labor, pinewood derby Fender, is an apples to oranges comparison, to put it kindly.

One might as well compare a Guitar Center electronic keyboard "special", with a Steinway Grand, or perhaps a Ford Fiesta with a Bugatti La Voiture Noire.
    The social programs make life cheaper and easier, especially for independent artists and musicians.

User Info Menu

I bet he sneaks off and plays his $700 MIM Tele when no one is watching or listening.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt
    It's made in Canada for one. Ever done business there? I have. Many things are more expensive. Somebody has to pay for all those social programs.
    May I gently ask you for an example of what costs a lot more in Canada and what kind of business you did there?

I'm asking because is not what I hear from my canadian friends, so I'd like to have an idea with a specific example.

If you don't mind me asking, of course.

If you, for any reason don't wanna discuss it publically, you're welcome to PM me.

User Info Menu

Tim, I hope you are still looking in on this thread.
    I wanted to say, your playing just oozes class. I love watching players do it effortlessly because the music reflects your style and grace. When a master like Linda pours her heart into a build, it must be nice for her to know it fell into the hands of a player like yourself, who is going to do the guitar justice. I enjoy every one of your videos. You are an inspiration to me.
    Sincerely, Joe DeNisco

User Info Menu

I quite like the sound, especially the first video. Beautiful, Tim and Linda!