Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

Heavyblues,
    Depends on your budget.
    Some other brands, maybe not mentioned.
    Hofner. make budget archtops.
    Framus I believe is only upmarket.
    Washburn, their budget cutaway is the HB-15C.
    I telephoned DiPinto early this year, would set you back 900 or a grand for one of them if case price is included.
    The Loar is a very competitively priced range of archtops, LH-300, LH-350 and others.
    Farida I've never played, not available in Australia.
    Aria has the new FA-Broadway (a re-worked FA-71. Pickguard on the 71 is better. Merchants still have them in stock) and the Aria FA-77, non-cutaway archtop, deeper than standard body. Tailpiece may just touch the top. Fixable, but avoidable.
    Peerless make maybe 25 or 30 different models. But they use "generic" cases on at least some of them.
    Craigslist and ebay are good places to look, I've seen a number of interesting archtops there. Such as a vintage Harmony. Some of those are solid face.
    Some independent luthiers are morte reasonably priced than you'd expect. Worth a look if you can find their names. Heindel in Ohio comes to mind.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

"Hollowbodies" is a whole world of guitars,there is alot about it,
    so if you intend to leave out "semis",you have to choose the price category first,because you can go from as low as 200€ and reach easily 20,000€ and beyond
    Also there are as well "boutique Luthiers"shops,wich make custom instruments for even higher price tags....all the bases are covered,
    a simple list it's a sterile exercise to me at least,you risk to make an horrible melting pot of names,and under each name,there may be tenths of different products and prices....
    I would focalise on a more precise target.....