The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

As for me, the Jazz III produces the best sound but somehow gets in the way if you want to play faster. I prefer the regular Dunlop nylon 1.14. Unfortunately, they seem to be out of stock.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Innerurge1
    Hey everyone... I current use dunlop jazz IIIs but find that i am having trouble sounding legato and i think it is too "attacky sounding". When i used a D'andrea Pro Plec Rounded Triangle pick, my tone sounded much better; however there was a very annoying clicking sound... i like a heavy pick and want to see if there are any options that wont click, but also have the rounded edge like the d'andrea. Also, if possible i would prefer to not spend $20 on a pick like some that i have seen... Thanks
    The Jazz 3 Ultex picks are pretty awesome! Not so clicky and not expensive. I bought a few this past weekend and have been digging them. The downside is that they are semi-transparent and hard to see when I put them on my wooden computer table.

PJ

User Info Menu

Picks are not only an individual preference, but feel differently with different guitars, actions and string gauges. What I found recently was that I hated the clicky Ultex Jazz III on jazz guitars, but absolutely loved its exaggerated attack with... a Stratocaster. (On reflection, that's not surprising

Also, playing with one of the "wrong" corners of a normally shaped Gibson XH black pick gives me a Methenesque attack but sounds horrible when I ask some of the friends to do the same.
    Having a hundred picks and trying everything, and then trying again from time to time is certainly worth it.