User Info Menu

This month's surprise at the local brick and mortar was a Byrdland. So lightly used, the plastic wrap is still on the pickguard. Very comfy to hold, a bit challenging to play for the fretting hand. Scale is quite short and the neck is thinner than I'm used to. The previous owner, I am told, also traded in an extremely well played Es-165. His favorite of the two was clear. But the Byrdland wins hands-down if you're looking for great looking trophy guitar.

Gibson Byrdland-img_20190920_161525~2-jpg
    Last edited by Michael Neverisky; 09-21-2019 at 07:16 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wet themselves?

Not sure what that means but it sounds defensive, so please know that I meant no offense. And I'm glad you love your "music noise maker".

User Info Menu

Michael, I deleted the apparently upsetting post.

Good luck.

BZ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky View Post
    This month's surprise at the local brick and mortar was a Byrdland. So lightly used, the plastic wrap is still on the pickguard. Very comfy to hold, a bit challenging to play for the fretting hand. Scale is quite short and the neck is thinner than I'm used to. The previous owner, I am told, also traded in an extremely well played Es-165. His favorite of the two was clear. But the Byrdland wins hands-down if you're looking for great looking trophy guitar.

Gibson Byrdland-img_20190920_161525~2-jpg
    Hey Michael,

Any info on year/ sn/ asking price?

Personally, I love a good Byrdland! But the short scale ain't for everybody. And, like many Gibbys, quality of the build can vary quite a bit... you gots to find a "good one" that really floats your boat. Before finding my '74 Byrd I played a few dogs.

Best,

SJ