User Info Menu

I have been eyeing a Quilter Micro Block 45 which I would output to my 12" Emminence Legend 1258 speaker cab. Where in the chain would my Empress para Eq and Talisman Catalinbread Reverb go - is between the Guitar and Micro Block my only choice and if so what are the negatives?

Will

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Since it has no loop they can only go in front. Shouldn’t be an issue unless you set the micro block to significantly overdrive. Even then you may like it. I would do Guitar > Eq > verb > microb but you could flip verb and eq

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blille View Post
    Since it has no loop they can only go in front. Shouldn’t be an issue unless you set the micro block to significantly overdrive. Even then you may like it. I would do Guitar > Eq > verb > microb but you could flip verb and eq
    in agreement..tho watch the output of the reverb pedal as it will get boosted by the micro block pre-amp

also be aware that the output power will vary depending on the impedance of your speaker

45 Watts 4 Ohms: 33 Watts 8 Ohms: 17 Watts 16 Ohms

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 09-20-2019 at 09:57 PM. Reason: sp-

User Info Menu

Thanks - my speaker is 8 ohms so wattage should be fine for my small room needs. I use the plate reverb as color with it set up to be just barely noticeable. My biggest concern is the Para Eq as I lean on it quite a bit to get the tone I want although those settings will probably change in response to the Quilter basic tone versus those of my old Peavey Bandit

Thanks for the info.

Will

User Info Menu

Maybe you won't need the para eq with the Quilter, or maybe you won't have to adjust it as much. I'd start without the para eq and then add it after you've settled on the Quilter settings.

I use the FullQ setting on my Quilter and adjust the gain to where I can just barely notice it when I pick a bit harder and when I pick soft it still sounds clean to me. I don't use the effects loop, my pedals are before the amp. With your pedals list I'd go eq to reverb to amp, same as previously suggested. If I was only going to use reverb, I'd give it a try in the effects loop.

For me it's kind of a convenience thing, I don't like the extra cable runs needed to use the effects loop. For me, if I used an effects loop, some of my pedals would be before the amp and some in the effects loop. And, I'm happy with the sound I'm getting with all the pedals in front of the amp.

Winnepeg... I really like The Bros. Landreth, are you familar with that band?
    B+
    Frank (aka fep)

User Info Menu

Hi Fep - yeah the Micro Block doesn't have a loop so everything is before the amp . I picked it up this morning - setup is 51' Gibson Super 300/ 49' Dearmond FHC/ Para Eq/Catalinbread/Micro Block/Eminence Legend 1258 8 ohm. I LIKE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. What a great tone for a little pedal/amp. First try just with the Micro Block it sounded a bit quiet and when upping the gain it got a little noisy/hiss for me. Perhaps my Dearmond is a little weak. I added the Para EQ and used the boost without touching the EQ which let me turn down the gain a little so the there was almost no noise/hiss but a nice fat room filling sound with Dearmond at about 3/4 volume. I have the Tri-Q at 12 o' clock Master all the way up and the gain at about 8/9 oclock . I added in the Catalinbread between the ParaEQ and the Micro Block and yep I had to calm it down a little . I'll worry about Para EQ settings later for now I'm loving the full clean tone that is happening.

Will

Ah yep the Bros Landreth great band !! - they seem to be doing solo stuff a bit nowadays. But they are still around in various bands and projects.
    Last edited by WillMbCdn5; 09-21-2019 at 06:06 PM.