The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'd be very down for a ramen tele.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 50Hz
    I'd be very down for a ramen tele.
    Yes! . . . VERY YES!!!

User Info Menu

Been done before with pencils, I wouldn't mind one of each on my walls :-)

User Info Menu

Why...?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LtKojak
    Why...?
    Um, for noodling.

User Info Menu

My parents always said to me: "Do not play with food!"

But: this one will "spice up" you music!

User Info Menu

I loved the video. So interesting to see the construction process. But, for some of us, the guitar is too high in sodium.

User Info Menu

Why...?
    As artwork. Some "artists" got rich painting soup cans

User Info Menu

Why...?
    mostly as a conversation piece and for the sheer oddity. I would still outfit it with good parts to try to get a good tone out of it...as much as epoxy resin would provide.

User Info Menu

Also they would match this one. I picked up this clear strat for a hundred bucks it sounds more like a strat than most clones. She's a heavy one... 17 lbs.

I would own one of these-clear_strat_f-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzstdnt
    Um, for noodling.
    That's reasonable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    You definately have a lot more disposable income that I have.

Congrats!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    I think that it was only one. He put a lot of effort into it if that means anything.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    I think that it was only one. He put a lot of effort into it if that means anything.
    Not particularly, but I'm sure it meant a lot to him and even more to the fool... ahem art aficionado who eventually plunked down 11 million buckazoids for it :-) Gads, I hope he (or she) is not a jazzer, I'll be in trouble again!

User Info Menu

I all seriousness I have seen quite a few of Warhol's original works. They are impressive. Whether they are overvalued I can't say.

User Info Menu

I like Warhol.

I like the fact that people see all sorts of clever stuff in the soup can thing - ‘ooh it’s a critique of the banality of consumer culture’ - while according to Andy he just liked Campbell’s soup. Basically what he ate growing up.

Intention and effect/analysis are rarely in synch. Something to bear in mind when playing gigs or studying solos.

User Info Menu

If you are ever in Pittsburgh, PA, spending an afternoon at the Warhol museum is well worth it. You can get an idea of what it took for him to do the soup cans. Impressive if you ask me. My one brush with Warhol was in the early ‘80s. Sunday afternoon and we were walking in opposite directions along 5th Ave. I noticed that people were parting and standing back. All of the sudden he was there facing me with two tall blond models, one on each arm. I was stunned by his appearance. White, blotchy skin with Vaseline or something on it. White hair wig. Big grin. Totally surreal.

User Info Menu

Digging a big hole and taking a pic of it takes a lot of work I wouldn't like that any more than soup cans. YMMV :-)

One persons art is another's rubbish I think soup is rubbish

Jazz is rubbish to soma as rap is... there is no argument where taste is concerned.

User Info Menu

Or as Pepe would say...

De gustibus non est disputandum

Would that noodle git made by Warhol be worth 10 mil? Make it better art?

User Info Menu

Ok pops!