The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

When you expect a delivery by a date and make / juggle arrangements to be available, get a screencap of the delivery day. I learned this the hard way.

I spent the day 9/18/19 waiting for a FedEx shipment and sometime after 3:00 today, they bumped it to tomorrow.

I watched this box crawl its way from Montana to central Florida for a week, spent the day waiting only to have the delivery day changed!
    The customer support gal said it was never scheduled for delivery today.

So they essentially called me a liar and TOLD me to spend yet another day chained to my doorbell. My options were to wait another day, let the seller have it back after three failed attempts (I'm not waiting at home another day) or pick it up at their local distribution depot. Pickup was my clear option but only made available to me after escalating to a "customer advocate" to make it so.

Here's some advice when spending the day at home for a FedEx delivery, GET A SCREENCAP of the delivery day. They will insist they never changed the day if they do :-)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

UPS did this to me when I wasted a full day waiting for my L7N to arrive. (essentially TWO days, really)

"On truck, out for delivery" Yeaaaaaah.....

6PM or so, they updated their site with a notification that "We attempted delivery but you weren't home. We will make a final attempt Monday."

Bulls#!^!!!!

I live a ten minute drive from the distribution center. I was on the phone *instantly*. Wouldn't let me drive there and pick up because it was after hours.

My g/f was also expecting a package on the same truck. Difference was mine required a signature and hers did not.

So if they "attempted" delivery, why couldn't they have dropped hers off? Because they never came.... lying bastids...

Soooooo...I had to call in sick to work on Monday, and despite being basically down the street (I am at the end of this drivers route for whatever reason), waited on that Monday until ALMOST 6PM, sweating and swearing that they were gonna blow me off again. Called the D Center SEVERAL TIMES during that day, essentially making an arse out of myself asking for status updates.

5:45 and both boxes arrived. Signed for mine, got both handed to me.

So FedEx is certainly not the only ones guilty of this behaviour.....

My $.04 (tax incl)

EDIT: I think, somewhere on my laptop, are screenshots of UPS. com and the tracking page of that debacle. Good advice this.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I was waiting for a parcel from Hawaii sent by Fedex 2-Day Air on Monday to Oregon. On Wednesday, tracking showed it set off from Troutdale, Oregon at 6:45am. At 11:05am, it was delivered.

Imagine that!!! Delivered on time and as promised! A happy FedEx story for a change.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 09-19-2019 at 07:35 AM.

User Info Menu

I've had this happen too, but with USPS. "Delivery Attmepted".. LIE. I was sitting there all day, mail carrier never even got out of his truck. Put the "delivery attempt made" card in the MAILBOX. Liar. (signature was required) Lazy @ss.

User Info Menu

I’m just glad to see I’m not alone. UPS, USPS, FedEx have all given me the “delivery attempted”. FedEx did this just on Tuesday with a Guild Artist Award.

One guess with UPS and FedEx at least is that the driver is running behind and skipping a stop with that excuse can help them get back on schedule.

I’m not sure that a screen shot will be of much help though. They aren’t going to send someone out with it or are they likely to reimburse you anything.

User Info Menu

I know from experience that it can be very aggravating to wait for delivery from FedEx and/or UPS and have the delivery delayed a day or more. Or with UPS, their usual delivery time for my area is late afternoon but I don't want to chance missing the truck if earlier so I'm anchored at home waiting. One way to avoid the watchtower madness is to have the item delivered to a local FedEx or UPS store (not the big main facility). Then you can pick it up it arrives and it's convenient for you.

User Info Menu

Both FedEx and UPS have arrangements with local businesses where you can have the deliveries received and held for your pickup. For example, my nearest pickup for FedEx is our local Walgreen's drug store. I have a nearby UPS hub, for UPS, but they have local shops that will hold for you, too. My last four guitar shipments were received like this.

You make these arrangements online at either the UPS or FedEx site. ***Way*** better than juggling one's work schedule to wait around at home and then be disappointed.

User Info Menu

You get no sympathy from me today. I'm waiting for two guitars that were shipped on July 18 and July 29. Good thing I lived through decades of Canada Post. At least it gave me a very low bar of expectations.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    You get no sympathy from me today. I'm waiting for two guitars that were shipped on July 18 and July 29. Good thing I lived through decades of Canada Post. At least it gave me a very low bar of expectations.
    My deepest empathy goes out to you in these trying times.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greco
    My deepest empathy goes out to you in these trying times.
    Thanks. We're finally in the end game now with one of them actually on its way to Guadalajara and the other just sitting in a box at the post office in Mexico City but the whole process has given new meaning to the word "manana". (but none of it compares to waiting for my final grade 12 results in 1970 while the Canadian post office held a wildcat strike.)

User Info Menu

Yeah, this has happened to me with FedEx, and I even have an account! All day it said 'On truck out for delivery.' Then all of a sudden near delivery time the screen suddenly says "delivery exception, delivery day tomorrow." Turns out it was never even in this CITY! I didn't get much satisfaction with FE on the phone. But even if I did have a screen capture, what good what it do? It wouldn't magically make the item appear at my door.

User Info Menu

I hope you get your guitar. I just came from the post office here and apparently I was overly optimistic about mine. One might get here in a week and the other has no known ETA. I have officially lost it. Hopefully the guitar in Mexico City is in better shape than I am right now.

User Info Menu

Jim
    We are waiting hear a report on these guitars once you get them. I am intrigued with them. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    I hope you get your guitar. I just came from the post office here and apparently I was overly optimistic about mine. One might get here in a week and the other has no known ETA. I have officially lost it. Hopefully the guitar in Mexico City is in better shape than I am right now.