The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 58 of 58

User Info Menu

My amp is usually set flat, all the tone knobs at ~12 o'clock, reverb between the first and second marks, volume about 10 or 11, and my guitar's tone control usually full up. But it depends on the guitar, I have to roll the treble back a bit on some.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    ....my guitar's tone control usually full up. But it depends on the guitar, I have to roll the treble back a bit on some.
    Thanks...this is interesting.

Apologies to the OP for the slight derailment of your thread.

Back to "Reverb for DV Little Jazz"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Not much love evidently for the Boss RV-6.
    I'm resurrecting this old thread to see if most are still using outboard reverb with the DV Mark Little Jazz and if there are any further conclusions, suggestions, etc. regarding the selection of a reverb pedal.

I fully understand that it amounts to personal "taste"/preference and budget.

I quoted lawson-stone as I have the chance to purchase a Boss RV-6.

Thanks for your comments.

Dave

User Info Menu

I have a TC HOF Mini, but I don't use it a lot. I don't use the onboard reverb in the LJ much, either. I'm just not that much into reverb. The more I play, the less reverb I want. If I can tell there is added reverb, it's too much. At those levels, the onboard reverb is fine for me, so I tend to not bother with the pedal. This is an entirely subjective subject, though, and my taste is not yours.

User Info Menu

try the strymon flint very adjustable and a great tremelo

User Info Menu

I've been very happy with the LJ all year.

I always use it with a Boss ME80 pedalboard. I have the reverb on the ME80 at about 2 o'clock, which is about 23. I vary it depending on how things sound in the room. I think that's spring type, but I don't recall and I don't have it with me as I write this.

I add a little more reverb with the LJ, control set at 9 o'clock.

I'm happy with the result.

I think the LJ reverb sounds okay early in the dial. As I turn it up past noon, I don't like it. My son, who plays pop music, did like it. If I was trying to rely on amp reverb only, I might be happier with a different amp. But, I'm not trying to do that. I would use the ME80 even if the amp reverb was perfect. So, the LJ reverb is fine for my application.

The GT-1, I believe, has the same reverb sounds. I had one for a while, and I was very enthused at first. But, then, when I brought it out for some gigs I had trouble controlling it. Foot pedal didn't sweep in the linear fashion I wanted. Easy to push something by accident (although there are workarounds). But, it might be worth a look at $199, if you like the reverb sound. You get a lot of other capability in that unit. And, it's small and weights about 2 lbs.

User Info Menu

I agree DV Mark's reverb gets "chorusy", but I actually like the sound. Tried a quality Strat clone today with the reverb near max on my MV50. Astral - would have moved mountains in the Telstars age. Btw, TC Electronic makes a multi-effect, M100, all of EUR 88 at Thomann.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all of the comments and advice, suggestions, etc.

My reverb is set at about 9:00 to 10:00 (compared to a clock) on the LJ and that is plenty for me.