The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posts 101 to 125 of 301

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9
    Who cares if it's in the digital domain? It's just controlling clean volume. It has nothing to do with the modeling part of the amp. The WHOLE POINT is that the "tube" power amp characteristics have already been accounted for with the VOLUME knob on the front panel, just like the original tube versions.
    I was answering a question from someone who thought the attenuator was attenuating the class D power amp.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    I was answering a question from someone who thought the attenuator was attenuating the class D power amp.
    I don't think anybody in this thread said attenuetor was attenuating the class D amp. Several people said It WASN'T doing that.
    Last edited by Tal_175; 09-17-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Guitar Center seems to have them in stock now. For those who live in the USA may be able to try them in local stores.
    Fender Tone Master Twin Reverb 100W 2x12 Guitar Combo Amp Black | Guitar Center

User Info Menu

I'm going to try out the Twin, but keep my credit cards at home, just in case, and wait for them to show up used.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Yeah, you can't really gig with a drummer and use a princeton reverb and stay clean...unless we're talking real soundman/everybody mic'd up kind of situation...which, I don't know about you, but...
    I like the sound of my Headstrong Princeton-clone so much (had it for over 10 years now) that I'm considering to test it with one of these new Boss Tube Amp Expanders for situations that require more (clean) volume, maybe with another cab but I already have a Celestion Gold in my amp which shouldn't burn up if I'm careful.... Would be an expensive experiment, but so far I couldn't really live for more that a few months with any modeling amp, even with the more expensive ones.
    (And I could record with it silently when hooking up the Boss thing).

User Info Menu

Okay I tried out the Twin version earlier today for a bit. I played a cheaper Ibanez thinline 335 guitar through it plugged straight in. I was surprised how good it sounded both with the attenuated set low as well as high.
    One suggestion to be able to run the attenuate different on each channel. That way you could overdrive the amp as well as have Clean Tone.

It really was lightweight as well. I wouldn't rush out to buy a new one,but secondhand I would definitely consider it!

Jack Z this might be your perfect Fender.

User Info Menu

Sounds pretty good to me in this context:

User Info Menu

Anything sounds good with reverb added to fatten it up. They remind me of...the niggardly 25W into 8ohms piddling Vox MV50 Clean, itself a take on the Twin Reverb, only smaller!

User Info Menu

These guys seem seriously impressed... and while you can certainly hear a tonal difference in the recording, the guys in the room seem shocked and surprised at how close Fender came.... not only with how the amps sound, but how they FEEL and REACT as well.... especially when they turn them UP...

User Info Menu

These videos really don't represent the tone very well. You need to actually play one.At least that's what I found after really trying it in person.

One more youtube review:

User Info Menu

Bought the Tone Master Deluxe Reverb three days ago, played two gigs since. Both gigs were rock-style and required amp presence and volume. The TMDR met my expectations beautifully. Set the power level one notch down to 12W, the volume at 6, bass 5, and treble 5. Used an array of Boss pedals that all sounded great. At the end of the show, put my gig-bag on my back, picked up the amp with one hand, slipped the pedal board under the same arm, picked up a mic stand bag with the other hand and walked away comfortably back to my car. Easy-peasy.

I had two Fender tube amps I wasn't using because they weighed too much. I traded them in and after the 10 percent discount from GC, walked out paying $150 and trading 100 lbs of amp(s) for an very doable 23 lbs.

I still have my Henriksen Bud, AER compact and a vintage Roland JC55 for other gigs, but the TMDR seems the ticket for me for the more robust gigs.

And during the gig last night, I set the amp on it's side for space reasons -- something I wouldn't have done with an actual tube amp. (Also, makes a nice stand for your beer this way... I know I live dangerously.)
    Attached Images Attached Images Fender Tone Master TWIN Reverb-img_5215-jpg 

Reverb released a new blind test. Though I'm not sure know how meaningful youtube blind tests are:
    Video: Fender Tone Master Deluxe vs. Original Tube | Reverb News

User Info Menu

Where are the manufactured?
    Keith

I think cab and tolex in Mexico. Amp in China.
    Fender released a "making of" video:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Reverb released a new blind test. Though I'm not sure know how meaningful youtube blind tests are:
    Video: Fender Tone Master Deluxe vs. Original Tube | Reverb News
    The two sounded a bit different to me -- #1 seemed brighter and more scooped; # 2 seemed a little more mid-rangey and a little less obviously distorted on the louder settings. The boings, sproings, and pings on reverb on #1 seemed exaggerated. With several of these model vs original test videos I've seen, the one that seemed a bit more subdued turned out to be the tube amp, so I guessed #2, which turned out to be right, but the two were very close, and it was really just a guess.

John

We'll find out soon if TM's are just the new cool toys until the next one comes around or we are truly experiencing tubexit (or should I say valvexit). If latter, looks like valvexit may even come sooner than the certain other "exit" if you know what I mean.

User Info Menu

It’s ok, Andy’s on the case

Looks like it fooled Tyler Bryant (whoever he is):

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    Looks like it fooled Tyler Bryant (whoever he is):
    He's a rock musician, he does a lot of Fender commercials, Youtube videos, promotions, etc..

User Info Menu

You really need to try it in person. That definitely changed my opinion to a positive one. The videos aren't really good representations of the amp
    I really want to try a Twin on a gig sometime. I'm currently gigging with Quilter Aviator amps and am quite happy,so no rush.

User Info Menu

The one I'd be after is the twin too.
    Also gigging with a Quilter Aviator Twin Ten. The Quilter is excellent but the ToneMaster twin (if anything like a 'real' twin) would be great... especially if the tremolo and reverb is good.

User Info Menu

I just tried the Tone Master Deluxe Reverb - only played through it for 10 or 15 minutes, I thought it sounded great. I'm very tempted.

User Info Menu

Yes, the deluxe that is lighter than my prri by 5kg and plugs into the desk is .... a nice idea

User Info Menu

Honestly, the only BAD reviews I've read so far are from guys who are "old school biased" ("if it's not tubes, it sucks, change my mind"), and guys who haven't actually PLAYED one, just watched videos.

Every person who has actually played one is seriously impressed, with at least one pro saying he PREFERS the TM Deluxe, thinks it sounds better than the DRRI.

If Roland has cracked the code (and they have), maybe Fender has too....
    I just spent 2 hours A/B/C-ing the Roland Artist, Fender Supersonic 22, and Bad Cat Cub 40R.... and I dare anyone to be able to tell which one is "not the tube amp", if blindfolded.

Fender Tone Master TWIN Reverb-tubes-jpg