Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Posts 301 to 331 of 331

User Info Menu

I wish! With all these demos I do fender ought to comp me one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Lawson
    "Whenever you come near the human race, there's layers and layers of nonsense." - Thornton Wilder, Our Town

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone View Post
    So here it is:

#1 is the Princeton Reverb Reissue from Sweetwater with the 12” CR speaker and some tube swaps (of course!)

#2 is the Tone Master Twin Reverb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks Lawson! You just saved me from spending a grand!

User Info Menu

Deluxe Tone Master discussion, start this at the 33:00 mark.

B+
    Frank (aka fep)

User Info Menu

I still hope they make a Princeton version... only thing better than a PR is a LIGHTER PR... (not that it's heavy, but hey...)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ruger9 View Post
    I still hope they make a Princeton version... only thing better than a PR is a LIGHTER PR... (not that it's heavy, but hey...)
    If they did a Tone Master Princeton Reverb and it was as good as the Twin, they'd have a KILLER amp.
    - Lawson
    "Whenever you come near the human race, there's layers and layers of nonsense." - Thornton Wilder, Our Town

I predict tube amps will almost completely disappear in the near future. But they'll come back 30-40 years later like vinyl did.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175 View Post
    I predict tube amps will almost completely disappear in the near future. But they'll come back 30-40 years later like vinyl did.
    "Bye, Boomer"
    Build bridges, not walls.

User Info Menu

But.... the PR is one speaker, so is the DR. You have to admit that you love the sound of 2 spkrs in a cab, no?

User Info Menu

I have the TMDR and think it's great. Nonetheless, I'd also like to see a TM Princeton Reverb. Why? Simple. Size. Any smaller amp that sound great is a wonderful thing in my books.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by archtopeddy View Post
    I have the TMDR and think it's great. Nonetheless, I'd also like to see a TM Princeton Reverb. Why? Simple. Size. Any smaller amp that sound great is a wonderful thing in my books.
    A TMPR would make a great little (lightweight) jazz amp...IF Fender ever decides to produce it.

User Info Menu

I'm not one of those people who feels that it has to look like a blackface combo.

Instead of a Princeton, I'd go the mini head + cab approach. You could put the head in a backpack with cables etc... then mix and match with lightweight cabs.
    Build bridges, not walls.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles View Post
    I'm not one of those people who feels that it has to look like a blackface combo.

Instead of a Princeton, I'd go the mini head + cab approach. You could put the head in a backpack with cables etc... then mix and match with lightweight cabs.

Well, with the (projected) success of the TM BFs, looks for Tweeds to be next in line....

User Info Menu

Well, with the (projected) success of the TM BFs, looks for Tweeds to be next in line....
    I'm gassing for a TMTR, but will wait for the 'Ltd.Ed' versions with special tolex or tweed covering. Sweetwater will get their own special run. It'll likely add another $250 to the base price, but they will sell all that they make. You know this will happen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Mack View Post
    But.... the PR is one speaker, so is the DR. You have to admit that you love the sound of 2 spkrs in a cab, no?
    Oh yeah. Boom.

- Lawson

User Info Menu

The iconic Strat through Fender tone.

User Info Menu

I couldn't watch that video. Terrible playing and butt crack!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

I just did a side-by-side of the Tone Master Twin Reverb and the 65 Twin model on the Fender SuperChamp X2 head. Then I realized that nobody at all cares one bit about hearing how those two compare. Why did I do it? Why do otters slide down river banks? Because... they're otters.

I otter think more before I go making totally useless side-by-side clips...
    - Lawson

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler View Post
    I couldn't watch that video. Terrible playing and butt crack!!!!!!!!!!
    Came for the fender clean tones, stayed for the bum cleavage.

User Info Menu

I just did a side-by-side of the Tone Master Twin Reverb and the 65 Twin model on the Fender SuperChamp X2 head. Then I realized that nobody at all cares one bit about hearing how those two compare. Why did I do it? Why do otters slide down river banks? Because... they're otters.

Because you’ll end up with 100k subscribers and getting free stuff that you have to pretend to like

User Info Menu

Not really .. we all enjoy watching and talking gear here me thinks..

We do appreciate that you don't compromise the purity of your gear comparisons and throw in bum cleavages here and there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter View Post
    Not really .. we all enjoy watching and talking gear here me thinks..
    Or about bum cleavage.

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77 View Post
    Or about bum cleavage.
    Guys please. We do have a musicians seeking musicians section on the forum.

User Info Menu

Because you’ll end up with 100k subscribers and getting free stuff that you have to pretend to like
    I'd love the chance to confront that ethical crisis intensively and thoroughly. I might have to accept 10-20 pieces of gear before I realize my conscience can't endure it any longer...

"...and lead us not into temptation...starting tomorrow..."
    - Lawson

User Info Menu

I'd love the chance to confront that ethical crisis intensively and thoroughly. I might have to accept 10-20 pieces of gear before I realize my conscience can't endure it any longer...

"...and lead us not into temptation...starting tomorrow..."
    Haha

Tho what if it was Harley Benton guitars and Joyo pedals?

User Info Menu

I love what he gets at around the 2:20 mark.
    My CD "Bare Handed" is available as a download at Bandcamp.com
    http://jimsoloway.bandcamp.com/album/bare-handed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway View Post
    I love what he gets at around the 2:20 mark.
    Not sure how he changes the amp setting during this demo, but he does change his pickup selection from neck (:19) to middle pickup (2:20); and from neck (6:47 - 7:09) to bridge (after 7:09). Sounds to me like the amp settings might have been the same when he changed from neck to middle pickup; but different at the end when he goes from neck to bridge.

Anyway, agree with you Jim. Sounds very sweet at 2:20 during the middle neck setting.

User Info Menu

Haha

Tho what if it was Harley Benton guitars and Joyo pedals?
    You got a point there.

- Lawson

User Info Menu

I've often thought that the Strat's best sounding and best driving tones come from the middle p/up alone.