The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guavajelly
    . As the TIs are rather cheap now (e. g. here in Europe Thomann charges 14,50 €)
    thats good , where do you get them ?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    thats good , where do you get them ?
    I think I just used amazon.de, but thomann.de has the same price.

User Info Menu

You might be able to adjust the angle of the pick-up slightly. I think I had that ability with a Lollar JS floater once upon a time.

In the absence of that (or even to supplement that) perhaps try using a Henriksen amp with their standard 5-band EQ. Not to derail, but I understand the Henriksen "EQ" to actually consist of volume settings for different frequencies; just turn the high frequencies down since those are more likely to be coming from your hot B and E strings.

User Info Menu

i think this is one of my biggest hang-ups and frustrations about the guitar

but my problem is that the top two strings are not full-bodied enough (too harsh and cutting)

the fact that these two strings are like the melody strings makes this a big problem for me

i've always been trying to make sure the top string is loud enough so that the melody notes are easy to hear over the harmony
    Last edited by Groyniad; 09-09-2019 at 05:38 AM.

User Info Menu

Before changing the pickup, see if there is a way to lower the existing pickup further from the strings on the treble side. I mentioned that factor in my earlier post, but I should have emphasized it more strongly. I was very disappointed with the balance of the top two strings on my DeArmond RC1100 until I realized it was mounted too close to those strings.

User Info Menu

Check your plectrum (pick) material. Years ago I buttered up my sound by switching from tortex (which are great picks in some situations) to Celluloid 358 picks. To my ear the celluloid sounds more like a fingernail.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guavajelly
    I think I just used amazon.de, but thomann.de has the same price.
    thanks for that ....