The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Sure.

I've used Tech 21 FlyRig into PA's and it sounds great. Also into my AER. There is no compelling reason not to have one of these sorts of things if only as a backup. But TBH I use it more and more as my main rig.

Beauty of this kind of approach is flexibility. Say you get a bit more money and want to invest in a Kemper or Axe FX further down the line, if you can be bothered to lug it to a gig. And your sound engineer will be happy. You can swap in and out whatever you want.

To be perfectly honest the advantages of this type of set up live outweighs the benefits of using a tube amp. But real amps can be nice for recording etc.

There's quite a few options now. Mooer fender amp sim sounds badass, for instance. The new FlyRig 5 V2 looks super cool. I have a couple of issues with V1 (no XLR, not a fan of the plexi stage) which V2 appears to address.
    V2 worked as a headphone amplifier for quiet practice as well and has three reverb settings.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What you want to do would work and might sound good, but you also might decide it's a hassle to set up. You also might decide the full range sound doesn't really complement the guitar that well. On the other hand you might love it, but I think a conventional guitar amp would be easier and maybe better.

User Info Menu

Well I do find myself using the SansAmp set up a lot more than my Fender Princeton.

If you have to work with a PA, touring, public transport etc super practical solution. Handy for quick recordings too.