User Info Menu

I need a slab body or semi-hollow electric guitar with a very dry fretboard so when the humidity goes down to 10%, frets will not sprout. Richlite, rocklite, carbon fiber, baked maple. Any suggestions ? Gibsons and some Godins with richlite fretboards are all too expensive, I don't want to spend more than $500. For an environment where a humidifier is not practical and a couple guitars already sprouted their frets.
    -----------------------------------

"The instrument keeps me humble. Sometimes I pick it up and it seems to say, "No, you can't play today." I keep at it anyway, though." Jim Hall

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

How about Hagstrom’s Resinator?

Viking by Hagstrom Guitars of Sweden

User Info Menu

Roasted maple is very stable in my experience, in Minnesota which runs from very humid to very dry.
    Beauty is as close to terror as we can well endure. -Rainer Maria Rilke

Thanks guys !

"The instrument keeps me humble. Sometimes I pick it up and it seems to say, "No, you can't play today." I keep at it anyway, though." Jim Hall

User Info Menu

If you can go just a bit higher you can get a bunch of options fto Reverend. They've gone roated maplevon most of their models including fingerboardd on several.
    My CD "Bare Handed" is available as a download at Bandcamp.com
    http://jimsoloway.bandcamp.com/album/bare-handed

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway View Post
    If you can go just a bit higher you can get a bunch of options fto Reverend. They've gone roated maplevon most of their models including fingerboardd on several.
    Looks good, I will hunt for used/discounted ones with roasted maple neck and a blackwood tek fretboard. Thanks !