The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 35 of 35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote
    But i would really love a pickguard like this for my blonde LeGrand...
    Gibson L-4 CES Owners .

Contact Neyzensia...He just might let it go.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ha! That horse has already left the barn. That pickguard was originally on a Legrand, then was modified and cut for the L-4CES. Its next assignment is to be retro-fitted onto a Hofner Thin President.
    Attached Images Attached Images L5 studio or Heritage Eagle Classic at same price?-hof-thinpres-fischer-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 11-15-2019 at 11:32 PM.

User Info Menu

what were they thinking w/that green color?
    I mean if you want to keep costs down at least pick a color that's not, what did Jabbs call it?

User Info Menu

Heh! Heh! Blue and yellowing nitro clear coat makes Duckpoop Green. Like Aged Pelham Blue. The White version is all yellowed now. Only the Sunburst and Red aged well.

It isn't so bad as that Gregor video shows. Only when you overexpose the photo does it look putrid.

Duckshit Green is an official colour. You'll know it when you step on it.

Catshit coffee and duckshit tea. Life is complete.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Ha! The horse has already left that barn. That pickguard was originally on a Legrand, then was modified and cut for the L-4CES. It's next assignment is to be retro-fitted onto a Hofner Thin President.
    That pickguard perked it up! Dressy!!

User Info Menu

I haven't seen anyone mention neck profiles. For me, that would give Heritage the edge. Others, maybe, maybe not.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    It was originally Aquamarine Blue...Now, Duckshit Green.

I would urge you to forward your enhanced colour observations to " Shit for Brains ,Creativity Division
    Gibson Inc" they will undoubtedly publish the colours you so eloquently describe ,in their next release.
    I feel sure that they will be immensely relieved .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 73Fender
    There is one on Reverb now, here's a picture:

Regarding the op's question, it would be a hard choice for me to make if unable to try the guitars in advance. In a blind taste test, and especially if the Gibson looked "unconventional", I'd go for a Heritage.

I am a fan of both brands.
    Thats also listed on CL local to me (RI area IIRC...) The person has listed a few archtops and related items (cases, etc) now and again. If he had that L5 Studio listed before I bought my L7, I might have taken a ride to look at it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNote
    But i would really love a pickguard like this for my blonde LeGrand
    I have one. It's far as I know unused.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I have one. It's far as I know unused.
    pm sent!